• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Starlink announces Data Caps!

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
$500 a month for 1,000 GB, is pretty steep.

The part that really irks me is residential service is around $110 a month, and there is no difference in the data caps. I'd do better to buy 5 residential dishes. Same money and I'd get 5 times the data.

$500 a month for 1,000 GB, is pretty steep.

The part that really irks me is residential service is around $110 a month, and there is no difference in the data caps. I'd do better to buy 5 residential dishes. Same money and I'd get 5 times the data.
That makes no sense at all.

It’s been quite a week for you! I’m afraid it’s the sign of times.

We used 186 GB during our 30 days at Deer Springs, right at the 6GB per day average. That was our highest usage ever, quite a bit more than we really needed, and we would have gladly used far less if there was a maximum per day or per stay. So, I'm thinking that your guests could easily put a lid on it they were forced to, and it sounds like you have the ability to control usage. We were totally happy to not have to drive to the scenic overlook just to make a phone call, and the ability to stream a movie...oh hell ya!

I know you don't believe me but I had good Verizon while there. When I disconnected from your Starlink and mine I was surprised to get a text and had Verizon service!

If you have to pay more for Internet just raise your rates. Your rates are not outrageous as is.

I know you don't believe me but I had good Verizon while there. When I disconnected from your Starlink and mine I was surprised to get a text and had Verizon service!
I believe you, @Neal. But that's a temporary thing and probably attributed to unusual sunspot activity.

1 TB per month would be plenty for me.

I wonder how much data is burned because people don't shut down their Roku, Firestick or whatever. I've seen people turn the TV off and not realize that their Roku is still streaming.

I wonder how much data is burned because people don't shut down their Roku, Firestick or whatever. I've seen people turn the TV off and not realize that their Roku is still streaming.
It happens a lot! I don't think they're being purposely wasteful, they just don't realize that it's still streaming when the TV is off.

It would be for me as well. But there are 8 sites, and generally there are 4 devices per site. Sometimes more. And so much of it is redundant. 2 devices checking the same emails, over and over.

So generally there is 5-6 GB per site, per day. And suddenly, poof, 1 TB is gone!

Latest resources

Back