Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
Hearing a new Starlink Mini is about to emerge. Haven’t searched yet but if anyone has details please share.

Mobile internet resource center did a YT about it.

More interesting facts on the Mini offer

Man, Neal you are late. I am seeing these things all over. Appreciate you lifting the Amazon stock price though. 🥸

Last edited:
Seems there are catches with the mini such as limited bandwidth and additional fees for more bandwidth. Before ordering anything be sure to READ! I'm hoping Elon brings the monthly fees down but doubt it, space balls can't be cheap. But in the grand scheme the Internet service market has to compete and Starlink seems to be the most expensive Internet provider, for now. Obviously it answers a lot of problems and we all love it and are willing to pay, but I see this coming down in the future.

I would hope pricing comes down - as they reach higher volumes of subscribers and if/when other competition comes into play that can work anywhere with a clear view of the sky.

Currently the no data cap is a huge benefit that keeps us using it for mobile use. Without that feature (or a data cap that wouldn’t impede our use) our use for Starlink would be very very rare.

Obviously there is a price to produce the equipment but the revenue these days is from recurring income aka subscriptions. If they made these units available for $99/ea I think in the end it would yield higher returns. However, sometimes price points are in place to control demand as SL can't handle every residence/rv/boat/bus having SL Internet I don't believe. I have on clue, just a thought...so I think we will see prices continue south on hardware and service probably be $99 or above per month.

All That Magic GIF by Nickelodeon

Received an invitation to purchase the Mini today. Too bad about pricing and limitations. I’ll have to pass.

Latest resources

Back