Newmar
RV Model
Ventana 4326
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
2020 Ford F-150
Fulltimer
Yes
Maybe this is a normal annoyance. Maybe I am doing it wrong. Maybe something is broken. Need some help from the experience folks here with identifying which one it is.

Whenever I flush my black tank, I hook up my rinse hose, connect to water supply, let it fill and dump three or four times until the water runs clear.

When disconnecting, I turn off the water, close my gate, disconnect at the water supply and leave the hose on the ground so water can drain from my hose (there is a check valve between my hose and the tank rinse valve to ensure I am not dumping sewage out of my hose as well as the built in check valve on the tank rinse). When I disconnect my hose from the tank rinse valve though, clean water spills from the tank rinse into the floor of my wet bay. It’s enough to coat the entire drain pan with a good 1/8” of water. I always have to take everything out of the wetbay before flushing to prevent things from getting soaked.

Is this normal? The only thing I can think of is that because I have an additional check valve on the end of the hose, this water that is spilling is trapped between my hose check valve and the built in check valve. No pressure to push it into the tank, check valve preventing it from emptying through the hose. Disconnect and here it comes...

Does your wetbay get soaked when you disconnect from your tank rinse?

Normal - mine does it. The check valve Newmar installs is under your half bath sink. I use a check valve at the tank rinse connection as well.

@MapNerd @Neal … just a question. Before you disconnect the hose, do you first drain the system using this valve?? It dumps under the coach.

FLSteve

flush valve.jpg

My coach doesn't have that valve

Our 2018 MADP also has that drain valve and it works as described. I think the actual purpose is to drain the tank rinse system for winterizing. I also carry a round, rubber pan in the wet bay (check farm supply stores for them) to put under the connection to collect stray water.

TJ

I open valve @FLSteve suggest, will get most of the water out but still will dribble a small amount

@FLSteve that is one nice setup. Where did you get those faucets for the wetbay shower? Another mod to add to the list.

Little off subject, does anyone else use hot water to flush? With unlimited hot, I figured it would clean better.

I do and wondered if it mattered.

Latest resources

Back