• Commercial/Vendors welcome

There goes another diesel manufacturer.

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Have you wondered why E-85 vehicles don't have problems?
No, because I know that ethanol attracts moisture. I can only imagine what it does when 1000s of gallons of warm fuel gets dumped into that cool tank buried underground. I am pretty sure I haven't seen water separator on any fuel pumps and definitely not on any E85 vehicles.
Now to answer your silly question, I would take a wild guess and say that a car goes through a lot more gas than a small engine does first off. Secondly, an E85 engine has all kinds of sensors and electronics to compensate for sh!tty fuel. Third, the difference in the size of the fuel tank would come into play. Simply put, an ounce of water in a 1 gallon tank makes a lot more difference than 1 oz in a 15 gallon tank. Right? Fourth, the size of the engine, combustion chamber, and float bowl on a small engine are a tiny fraction of that in a vehicle, which means smaller changes make bigger differences. Right?
"References please" as to what you are trying to imply? Or better yet, prove me wrong.

I tried 2 tanks of E-85 in 2 different town and country vans. As I pulled out of the stations I immediately felt the reduction in HP. Fuel mileage dropped significantly. I then read the owners manual and it stated you would lose HP and oil changes had to be done more frequently. Also stated starting would be more difficult in cold climates. vaNo more E-85 for me.
Ever seen a vehicle that was warmed up on a hot day dumping water from the tail pipe? I wonder what that's from.🤣
It's got to come from somewhere right? So is it safe to say that same moisture ran through the top end of your engine? A little slips by them oil scraper rings on your piston. Hello bottom end and oil. Now let that vehicle sit a few weeks or months and let that water do what water does to the inside of engines. I'd guess rust and faster wear while your losing HP, gas milage and longevity.
Corn makes ethanol, ethanol vehicle exhaust good, cow eats corn, cow exhaust bad. Right?

Ever seen a vehicle that was warmed up on a hot day dumping water from the tail pipe? I wonder what that's from.🤣
It's got to come from somewhere right? So is it safe to say that same moisture ran through the top end of your engine? A little slips by them oil scraper rings on your piston. Hello bottom end and oil. Now let that vehicle sit a few weeks or months and let that water do what water does to the inside of engines. I'd guess rust and faster wear while your losing HP, gas milage and longevity.
Corn makes ethanol, ethanol vehicle exhaust good, cow eats corn, cow exhaust bad. Right?
Wrong. Normal combustion process produces moisture.

Ever seen a natural gas high efficiency furnace and the amount of water that comes out of the vent drain.

Ever seen a natural gas high efficiency furnace and the amount of water that comes out of the vent drain.
I don't see any moisture coming out of my 2 gas vehicles until I fill up with ethanol. Same goes for lawn mower, chainsaws, air compressor, generators, demo saws, trowel machines, compactor, walk behind saw, (5) motorcycles, wet screed and probably a few others I'm missing. The only ones that ever taste ethanol are the vehicles when we are not local. I see a little when the weather cools and they (vehicles) first start but none once warmed up until ethanol is introduced.
Never seen a drop of moisture out of (9) diesels we run either.

Look this up...

"gas heater exhaust moisture why"

Hot air hitting cold air in a metal pipe that is not insulated is your cause.

No, because I know that ethanol attracts moisture. I can only imagine what it does when 1000s of gallons of warm fuel gets dumped into that cool tank buried underground. I am pretty sure I haven't seen water separator on any fuel pumps and definitely not on any E85 vehicles.
Now to answer your silly question, I would take a wild guess and say that a car goes through a lot more gas than a small engine does first off. Secondly, an E85 engine has all kinds of sensors and electronics to compensate for sh!tty fuel. Third, the difference in the size of the fuel tank would come into play. Simply put, an ounce of water in a 1 gallon tank makes a lot more difference than 1 oz in a 15 gallon tank. Right? Fourth, the size of the engine, combustion chamber, and float bowl on a small engine are a tiny fraction of that in a vehicle, which means smaller changes make bigger differences. Right?
"References please" as to what you are trying to imply? Or better yet, prove me wrong.
To start with! Claims without solid references, are like fake news, they are illegitimate! The questions I asked were to bring that to the surface.

Silly would be stating volumes without referencing as percentages, as in 1oz of ethanol per gallon vs. 1oz per15 gallons. That is clearly a difference in volume percentages.

One way to make gasoline that has water in it, usable is to drain as much of the water off the bottom as you can, then add your methanol to absorb the remaining water. Yes gas, diesel, methanol, all absorb water! Want to know more, study up on chemical pairing!!!

For the record methanol is a racing fuel! And yes go-cart racing uses it (100% methanol)!

So then! Why do, or how do, you build an engine to run on methanol? Well rubber (the cheap stuff) is degraded by methanol, so you use a replacement like nitrile! It really is that simple!

If temperature is brought up to operating temperatures, condensate is minimal for diesel, gasoline, hydrogen, or methanol run engines, as well as boilers, and other obvious equipment as stated above, water is a byproduct of combustion, your observation has some major lacking going on. Either do your research, or consider your environment more completely. I personally do my research, because reinventing the wheel is a waste of time. At that time I observe, to proof what I read.

As a side note, when I ask as you say, stupid questions, it is to give others the opportunity to correct their work, or observations, to keep faulty data from hindering truth for everyone else!!!

One more thing!!! Gasoline has more energy than methanol per volume, thus the lower fuel economy. This has nothing to do with absorbed water!!!

The major products of the complete combustion of petroleum-based fuels in an internal combustion engine are carbon dioxide (13%) and water (13%), with nitrogen from air comprising most (73%) of the remaining exhaust.

I've linked the source here.

To start with! Claims without solid references, are like fake news, they are illegitimate! The questions I asked were to bring that to the surface.

Silly would be stating volumes without referencing as percentages, as in 1oz of ethanol per gallon vs. 1oz per15 gallons. That is clearly a difference in volume percentages.

One way to make gasoline that has water in it, usable is to drain as much of the water off the bottom as you can, then add your methanol to absorb the remaining water. Yes gas, diesel, methanol, all absorb water! Want to know more, study up on chemical pairing!!!

For the record methanol is a racing fuel! And yes go-cart racing uses it (100% methanol)!

So then! Why do, or how do, you build an engine to run on methanol? Well rubber (the cheap stuff) is degraded by methanol, so you use a replacement like nitrile! It really is that simple!

If temperature is brought up to operating temperatures, condensate is minimal for diesel, gasoline, hydrogen, or methanol run engines, as well as boilers, and other obvious equipment as stated above, water is a byproduct of combustion, your observation has some major lacking going on. Either do your research, or consider your environment more completely. I personally do my research, because reinventing the wheel is a waste of time. At that time I observe, to proof what I read.

As a side note, when I ask as you say, stupid questions, it is to give others the opportunity to correct their work, or observations, to keep faulty data from hindering truth for everyone else!!!

One more thing!!! Gasoline has more energy than methanol per volume, thus the lower fuel economy. This has nothing to do with absorbed water!!!
You got me. I'm Sorry for the disinformation.
You keep saying methanol but whatever. Methanol, ethanol, tequila, fruit loops, all the same.
Yes ethanol gas will turn any engine into a top fuel racing engine and fix all of your life's problems. Draining all my fuel tanks as I type to replace with that magic liquid. Thank you for enlightening me.

Latest resources

Back