• Commercial/Vendors welcome

There goes another diesel manufacturer.

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
You need references of what ethanol does to a small engine? Go to your local small engine repair shop and see how many carburetors are sitting on their work bench in pieces... especially once spring rolls around.
Search "ethanol small engine carburetor" take your pick at any of the videos.
You don't think ethanol is destructive? I have another myth for you then, every 1% of ethanol, decreases you gas milage by very close to the same %. I don't know about the e85 vehicles, but I know that's a fact with my 2008 Ford escape, 2002 suburban, and all 5 of my motorcycles.
Ethanol also creates more smog when you burn it than gasoline does.

The key to running ethanol in small engines is to run all the fuel out of them if you are going to store them for more than a few weeks. I'm still using chain saws, weed eaters, and generators that are 10+ years old with no problems.
I put fuel stabilizer in my lawn mower every winter. Better to keep the tank full to keep moisture out.

Ethanol also creates more smog when you burn it than gasoline does.
IMO ethanol is one of the biggest scams our government ever laid on us. Ethanol costs us HP, decreased fuel mileage and higher food costs. So many other food crops were taken out of production to make room for increased corn production. When I can find pure gas I realize 2 mpg increase and increased HP. ( 2021 ram 2500 empty).

The key to running ethanol in small engines is to run all the fuel out of them if you are going to store them for more than a few weeks. I'm still using chain saws, weed eaters, and generators that are 10+ years old with no problems.
Most people don't do that though.

IMO ethanol is one of the biggest scams our government ever laid on us. Ethanol costs us HP, decreased fuel mileage and higher food costs. So many other food crops were taken out of production to make room for increased corn production. When I can find pure gas I realize 2 mpg increase and increased HP. ( 2021 ram 2500 empty).
Create the "crisis", then mandate the solution. Oh yeah, make sure you and your family own stock in the "solution" before you mandate it.

And how inconvenient is that? I have not found a good way other then run it dry and that can take some time. I replaced the carbs on both my pressure washers last spring and had to free up the needle jet that shuts the engine down on my lawn mower. Non ethanol will gum up a chain saw in about 2 weeks.

You need references of what ethanol does to a small engine? Go to your local small engine repair shop and see how many carburetors are sitting on their work bench in pieces... especially once spring rolls around.
Search "ethanol small engine carburetor" take your pick at any of the videos.
You don't think ethanol is destructive? I have another myth for you then, every 1% of ethanol, decreases you gas milage by very close to the same %. I don't know about the e85 vehicles, but I know that's a fact with my 2008 Ford escape, 2002 suburban, and all 5 of my motorcycles.
Have you wondered why E-85 vehicles don't have problems?

Oh, I owned one of those. Went to try out some E85 fuel and pumped 23 gallons of water into my truck. Huge fight and headache trying to get that covered. But I won.

Have you wondered why E-85 vehicles don't have problems?
I tried 2 tanks of E-85 in 2 different town and country vans. As I pulled out of the stations I immediately felt the reduction in HP. Fuel mileage dropped significantly. I then read the owners manual and it stated you would lose HP and oil changes had to be done more frequently. Also stated starting would be more difficult in cold climates. vaNo more E-85 for me.

And how inconvenient is that? I have not found a good way other then run it dry and that can take some time. I replaced the carbs on both my pressure washers last spring and had to free up the needle jet that shuts the engine down on my lawn mower. Non ethanol will gum up a chain saw in about 2 weeks.
Though pure gas is far better it will go bad in time. In addition gas loses about 2% of its octane per month.

Latest resources

Back