• Commercial/Vendors welcome

There goes another diesel manufacturer.

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Generators are so inexpensive now. We have two x dual fuel unit. One for home backup and one for charging the trailer batteries when dry camping. We run them both on propane to avoid carb varnishing issues which was a problem for us with our old Honda. Handy things. I swear they were more expensive 30 years ago.View attachment 20777
You don't have access to non-ethanol gasoline?

References please!
You need references of what ethanol does to a small engine? Go to your local small engine repair shop and see how many carburetors are sitting on their work bench in pieces... especially once spring rolls around.
Search "ethanol small engine carburetor" take your pick at any of the videos.
You don't think ethanol is destructive? I have another myth for you then, every 1% of ethanol, decreases you gas milage by very close to the same %. I don't know about the e85 vehicles, but I know that's a fact with my 2008 Ford escape, 2002 suburban, and all 5 of my motorcycles.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230922-162542.png
    Screenshot_20230922-162542.png
    970.1 KB · Views: 2
Interesting question. I’ll look into it. The propane thing works well for us but that is an alternative. It’s also easier for us to store propane as opposed to gas.

Thanks.
Propane at high altitudes don't work very well. Also at any altitude duel fuel generators are incapable of rated watts when run on Propane.

You need references of what ethanol does to a small engine? Go to your local small engine repair shop and see how many carburetors are sitting on their work bench in pieces... especially once spring rolls around.
Search "ethanol small engine carburetor" take your pick at any of the videos.
You don't think ethanol is destructive? I have another myth for you then, every 1% of ethanol, decreases you gas milage by very close to the same %. I don't know about the e85 vehicles, but I know that's a fact with my 2008 Ford escape, 2002 suburban, and all 5 of my motorcycles.
The key to running ethanol in small engines is to run all the fuel out of them if you are going to store them for more than a few weeks. I'm still using chain saws, weed eaters, and generators that are 10+ years old with no problems.

Latest resources

Back