• Commercial/Vendors welcome

There goes another diesel manufacturer.

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Ford says they are losing tens of thousands on every ev they sell. When the government subsidies run out the craze will be over.

Where do you live? I have never seen any of them shenanigans, ever, anywhere I've been. I guess they charge you per kW?
You mean the chargers? Yes. Typically based on speed. So a 50 kw machine might charge you 21 cents whereas a 250 kw machine might be double that. Also sometimes depends on the time of day. Eg, middle of the night might be 14 cents kwh even on a 250 kw machine.

We charge mostly at home at 9 cents per kWh but after a certain amount of kWh in a month it jumps to 14 cents…ish. Plus tax etc etc.

Tesla superchargers are more common. This is a pic of us stopped at a supercharger in Kamloops. This one was at the welcome centre. Even has a sani dump. Handy as a last stop when coming home from a camping trip.

25D9752E-FDC2-4909-8D29-6A3139ED2A9A.png

Most super charger stations have 12 to 24 chargers. Some have 100. This one is in hope we like it because it has trailer stalls on the one side. That and a great coffee and bran muffin place
8BAAA160-E06C-4D85-AEBC-D99F03D2238C.jpeg

Cheers.

Last edited:
I hope they don’t phase out commercial engines because all Prevost buses are running volvo engines and they are owned by Volvo.

The short distance local haul applications are where I could see these being useful. Those who's business is that only, it makes sense to shift the majority of the fleet to electric provided all the charging locations for the delivery miles are ironed out. The problem is those trucks have such a wide use for so many different applications, many that would not afford charging options as often as needed. I'm looking forward to when electric vehicles can compete on their own merit without the need for taxpayer funded credits, charging stations the government has kept their hands out of and shorter charging times.

He is a pro at positive messaging and misrepresenting reality. Probably the best at it I have seen. When we were out of electricity for 20+ days after the ice storm of 98 in Maine, it was solid fuel(wood) and generators keeping the gas flowing that saved the day. And gas keeping the generators running. Nothing like a small emergency to illustrate reality in short order.

He is a pro at positive messaging and misrepresenting reality. Probably the best at it I have seen. When we were out of electricity for 20+ days after the ice storm of 98 in Maine, it was solid fuel(wood) and generators keeping the gas flowing that saved the day. And gas keeping the generators running. Nothing like a small emergency to illustrate reality in short order.
Generators are so inexpensive now. We have two x dual fuel unit. One for home backup and one for charging the trailer batteries when dry camping. We run them both on propane to avoid carb varnishing issues which was a problem for us with our old Honda. Handy things. I swear they were more expensive 30 years ago.
E47FC1F2-4C39-4182-8D21-42E9FE051953.jpeg

It's going to be decades at best for electric to compete with diesel. International is trying with electric medium duty trucks and they are a joke. In 5 years when the batteries need replacing they cost more than the truck is worth. They can't even go 150 miles on a charge. I have solved the problem with my Tesla. Unlimited power... range.... infinity.
Heavy equipment replaced by electric, not in any of our lifetimes. You can't put a hydraulic piece of equipment in "neutral" and tow it to your little charging station. Not easily anyway. I can't keep a battery working on my phone for more than 3 years.
Your pic says it all! I see a storm brewing!!!

You mean the chargers? Yes. Typically based on speed. So a 50 kw machine might charge you 21 cents whereas a 250 kw machine might be double that. Also sometimes depends on the time of day. Eg, middle of the night might be 14 cents kwh even on a 250 kw machine.

We charge mostly at home at 9 cents per kWh but after a certain amount of kWh in a month it jumps to 14 cents…ish. Plus tax etc etc.

Tesla superchargers are more common. This is a pic of us stopped at a supercharger in Kamloops. This one was at the welcome centre. Even has a sani dump. Handy as a last stop when coming home from a camping trip.

Most super charger stations have 12 to 24 chargers. Some have 100. This one is in hope we like it because it has trailer stalls on the one side. That and a great coffee and bran muffin place

Cheers.

8baaa160-e06c-4d85-aebc-d99f03d2238c-jpeg.20775
I am curious about these charging stations. Where does all this electricity come from?

Prominent industry experts says electric semis break the laws of Physics..

It is impossible....

Elon says "Impossible" just takes a little longer to produce...

Latest resources

Back