Newmar
RV Model
Ventana 3412
RV Length
Chassis
Freightliner
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Does anyone know why the Newmar 34x series coaches are only rated to tow 5k while the Tiffin similar models are rated at 10k? I’m looking at a 2019 Newmar 3412 but the 5k tow rating is a disappointment.

A NOTE OF CAUTION: These are GAS coaches of which I speak. The diesel is on a heavier chassis, probably 34,000-36,000 GVW
Be careful about the tow rating of a Tiffin coach. Most are on a 22,000 GVW or 24,0000 GVW chassis.
Most Newmar's are on a 26,000 GVW chassis, and will actually carry & tow more!!
The Tiffin tow bar might say 10K, but if it's a gas coach, it darn sure won't tow 10,000K It takes a healthy "DP" to tow 10,000K!
Look at the GVWR label on the coach! Look at the GCWR label on the coach! GCWR is Gross Combination Weight Rating; which means the maximum weight you can tow along with the maximum weight of the coach! The vast majority of gas coaches can tow up to 5,000# !! BE VERY CAREFUL...but it is your life!
I have a 26,000 GVW, 38' Newmar Canyon Star on a 26,000 GVW chassis. My coaches loaded weight is 24,350#, and I tow a 3800# GMC Terrain. My GCWR is 28,150#, or 1850# UNDER the GCWR of 30,000#
Again, be careful our there towing! It could be your life, or worse, someone else's life at stake!!
Good Luck, & hope this helps!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back