TPMS Recommendation

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Might be an answer here.

On the way down to the Keys the outer tire on each side duals TPMS sensor stopped broadcasting or the Spartan computer stopped receiving a signal!!??

here is one side failed, shortly later the other outside tire failed

Attachments

• 1701480435335.jpeg
    1701480435335.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 27
Mine also randomly lose communication with the system, they take turns and its always the rears so I don't loose any sleep over it, I thump the tires every stop and check the pressures a couple times a week, my past fifth wheel I installed a repeater , I'm thinking of looking into one for the bus

Anyone have a pic of TPMS chassis antenna location . I am considering trying to relocate the antenna to the outside of the chassis rail to allow for better signal.

My coach is shorter than yours, but I have it velcroed high on the back wall of the battery compartment. It is covered ziplock plastic, sealed with gorilla tape. It is working well.

We had an EEZtire system on our Phoenix Cruiser, for our toad. It came with six sensors and I bought another four flow-through sensors. We had that rig for 10 years, and by the time we sold it, 2 of the 10 sensors I started with were still working. It did save me from a catastrophe one time, when the aux brake locked up for some unknown reason, without giving any indication in the cockpit. The TPMS heat-alarmed on the tires, saving me a brake job and probably a wreck. So I can recommend using TPMS, but not necessarily EEZtire, although I have no idea if any of the competitor's sensors are any better. It's really a rinky-dink way to do this, considering every car made since the 80's has sensors built into the wheels. You'd think someone by now would have figured out a way to monitor the sensor that's already there.

This may have been covered earlier but can you tie the tow sensors into a Spartan chassis TPMS? I'd like to maintain factory FORD sensors in the tow to allow the in car TPMS to work.

Apparently on the Valor Gen 3 it is possible to display multiple tows. I'll read the user manual to determine procedures.

Valor Gen 3 screen.png

Attachments

• Part1-VDC00946-Spartan-Newmar MY2023 12.3in GIC Operation Manual (Rev A).pdf
    1.7 MB · Views: 19
  • Part2-VDC00946-Spartan-Newmar MY2023 12.3in GIC Operation Manual (Rev A).pdf
    1.8 MB · Views: 26
thanks Joe

You'd think someone by now would have figured out a way to monitor the sensor that's already there.
They have them on the high end MH’s, I beleive. As for cars, I have had false alarms on almost every rental car in the last several years. Granted they were not high end cars, but I think I prefer the self installed ones. TST 507. I had one sensor die after 8 years. Simply replaced it. I keep a few spare sensors on hand. Other five sensors still working fine.

Btw, I prefer flow-thoughs,

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back