• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question Ventana LE Engine air filter

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Also registering engine and ONAN on Cummins QuickServe can give you a lot of great info:

Well ..... correct me if I'm wrong but I feel like I just got taken. $407.08 to have an engine air filter replaced on my Ventana LE. $221.07 for the air filter. $135 labor. $35.61 shop fee's. Plus tax. I know it was short notice and I appreciate them working me in but REALLY? The most expensive filter on the internet was $150. They charged me $221. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind paying for service but I don't think I received a fair deal here. Sorry .... Im done. I had to vent.

It's done, get on a cycle with FL in Gaffney and keep the wheels turning and direction forward. Charlotte is a great hangout pre/post Gaffney.

make it rain cash GIF by Captain Obvious

Where did you take it?

Where did you take it?
I took it to RV Services of Va here in Richmond VA. I have been using them for all of my services and have been treated fairly until this. I get it. They got me in last minute. I don't mind paying a little extra for that but in this case I think they took advantage of it.

Im new to all of this so we are learning as we go but Neal is right .... FL in Gaffney is the way to go. Im right at 14K miles so I will schedule my next service down in SC. So much to learn. :)

RV Services of Va

Yeah, I use those guys all the time. I agree you most likely paid a premium for "rush" service.

As an aside here, Gaffney and Cummins will both allow you to provide filters and then you aint paying their price for them. They give military veteran discount as well. I usually buy my filters on Amazon, I carry two sets of genset fuel/oil/air with me. I could have sworn I had two oil filters for the main engine, but cannot find them now. Going to get two more. I should also carry extra fuel filters as well in case I get a load of bad fuel, but have not broken down and gotten them yet. Just actually got the tool box situation sorted out and put that in coach. Aint got a lot of storage in there. Based on the fellow who had the porpoise issue and found out batteries are bad, I charge mine up once a week unless we are using coach. I check levels in them once a month, and recently cleaned out that compartment and the tops of the batteries, so that job is done. Freightliner changed oil/filter in genset so that is done. If we don't go south before real cold weather, going to have to winterize coach, so should buy Rv antifreeze for that project. Next August, it's full service on Genset, and its also annual for coach, will make appointment in Gaffney, and let them do it all. Air Cleaner might be time then too, 2 years old and maybe 18K miles or so. Don't know interval, will have to check.

Old-RV'er ...... This is why I enjoy this forum. Great advise and information. Being able to provide some of your own parts is good to know. Veteran discounts are a bonus.

Since this is our first Motorhome all the chassis maintenance is new to us. It will take some time to figure out the best way to keep it up to date. Getting it all done in Gaffney at one time vs multiple trips to the local RV service center now makes sense.

Whats the average cost to have maintenance done in Gaffney? That would help us set up a maintenance budget for the coach. I know every coach is different, I'm just looking for an average.

I’d have to check my records but I’m always pleasantly surprised as I expect worse. I’d budget $1500/visit. Join FCOC from their website and get a discount.

All - If you got to FCC website, you can download a PDF I think showing recommended service intervals for different units. I have attached the most recent one I have on PC. Our maintenance in August was around 950.00 or so. I provided the filter for the Genset Oil Change. I did not have the fuel filter one. I also did not have the one on the main engine, need to order some of those. They road tested with me, showed me how comfort steer works, and said I had it set too high which causes the pulling to the right. I did not notice a difference when turning down to "2". So I turned it back up to 4. Showed me how to set clock, and move items on the info screen so my display has the ones I want to see always up, but forgot how it works, so have to pull out my document. YouTube has video on it too.

Attachments

• Freightliner Recreational Vehicle Chassis Maintenance Manual.pdf
    2.2 MB · Views: 27

Latest resources

Back