• Commercial/Vendors welcome

How To Verify your ITR OASIS Two Electric Burners are working

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
My understanding heating elements are 5000 BTU each (net 10K BTU when using AC I/II). The burner is 50K BTU.

Yes went back to manual and both elements are 1500W, 120 VAC so they are the same. Makes sense they both show same amperage draw. Thanks

My understanding heating elements are 5000 BTU each (net 10K BTU when using AC I/II). The burner is 50K BTU.
I think they are rated in watts, not BTU, but I could be mistaken. The 12A increase when you turn one on confirms the 1,500W rating (120V x 12A = 1440 W...close enough to the 1500W rating).

TJ

In my coach for example you can put the switch to AC I/II but only one leg exists on 30A service. @Chuggs maybe you can chime in? The green light will come on but it doesn't mean you have both heating elements in use. I really don't know how the 30A works between L1 and L2. Maybe something manages which path the trons take. Thinking about how Air Conditioners on the roof handle this, I don't think everything is on just one line so I'm stumped.

They should both work...EXCEPT...the mgmt system may load shed one.

Background... Yes, when connected to 50A shore power...the coach has two legs. Each distributed to our breaker panel by means of the 50A breakers.

When connected to 30A...the dog one adapter tied a single leg of 120v line power to both of those 50A. Of course, we could easily overload the 30A source and trip the 30A breaker in the pedastle, were it not for the management system in our coaches designed to shed loads as needed.

if you turn your a/c(heat pumps)..you should be able to see the amperage draw from both electric elements. If you don’t...there should be a corresponding amp reading next to the element on the list of shed items. The reading is the amount of amp “overhead” required for the system to automatically reinstate that item.

5DA0E202-6EC1-4ED6-81EB-6E059076DCE9.jpeg

Guess the myth of only using AC I is incorrect. You can use AC I/II and utilize both burners then but EMS may load shed. Not sure where these burners are in priority in EMS shedding. Good info share ALL.

I’m stumped.
Today I opened the main panel and checked all leads with wolf meter. Both L1 and L2 are getting 120V.
But on the Power Control Monitor, I’m getting L2 7V like the picture I posed yesterday.
Turned off the shore power and fired up the generator. No change. L1 shows 7V. Any ideas?
Check to make sure the engine heater breaker is on. Had a similar issue and it turned out the power management system was getting one lead data from the output side of the engine heater breaker.

Guess the myth of only using AC I is incorrect. You can use AC I/II and utilize both burners then but EMS may load shed. Not sure where these burners are in priority in EMS shedding. Good info share ALL.

The order is programmed by Newmar. As you page thru the displays...the items and the order are listed On the Load Status pages. Beginning with the Block Heater and ending with the Front A/C unit.

Block Heater
Water Heat 2
Water Heat 1
A/C Middle
A/C Rear
A/C Front

That is the order programmed on my Coaches system.

You are right, I sent an email to Precision Circuits Sunday around 6PM. George called me around 8PM the same day, and told me to check for any breakers turned OFF. Sure enough, my "Block Heater" breaker was OFF (who needs it in FL?). After turning it ON, L2 worked. That's the good news.
The bad news is AC2 on the Oasis does not work. Got to open it AGAIN ?

You are right, I sent an email to Precision Circuits Sunday around 6PM. George called me around 8PM the same day, and told me to check for any breakers turned OFF. Sure enough, my "Block Heater" breaker was OFF (who needs it in FL?). After turning it ON, L2 worked. That's the good news.
The bad news is AC2 on the Oasis does not work. Got to open it AGAIN ?

Interesting, I could see me flipping the breaker on engine heat. Sorry you have to open it back up but glad it’s figured out

Latest resources

Back