How To Verify your ITR OASIS Two Electric Burners are working

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
That is just weird...

I guess the Precision Circuits thingy must get something from the Block Heater relay, built into the load center??

Oh well...

incidentally, we use our block heater all the time in Florida... well, kinda. See I added an outlet in the bedroom below the full length mirror for an oscillating tower fan. We like air circulation, and hated running the power cord up behind the tv. My outlet is powered by a plug,,,which we could connect to a 12Ga extension cord to work directly from the pedastle if we needed to run a space heater...but normally I plug into an outlet I added to the block heater branch. Weatherproof outdoor box located in the DEF compartment. I’m glad you raised the subject...b/c I was thinking of adding a switch to allow me to select inverter power for that outlet...but that would definitely be bad if the management/distribution circuit sees that. It would probably confuse the heck out of the system.

For heating the engine on the rate occasion...I had added the switch and pump to the Oasis... Works great.

"I guess the Precision Circuits thingy must get something from the Block Heater relay, built into the load center??"
Chuggs,
If ANY breaker is OFF, it may affect the correct readings of the panel? I know it is weird, but that what they told me.

"I guess the Precision Circuits thingy must get something from the Block Heater relay, built into the load center??"
Chuggs,
If ANY breaker is OFF, it may affect the correct readings of the panel? I know it is weird, but that what they told me.
I think I understand now... The Management system is getting power from the relay controlled circuits. In my case the L1 sense is connected to Water Heater 2 circuit and L2 sense is connected to the Block Heater circuit. If I turn one of those circuit breakers off...it would take away the power and line sensing for the management panel. That's why you have to have these breakers ON. If you, for example, flipped the washer or dryer circuits off...it should have no effect.

I will have to dig out my pdf file in the wiring. I know the distribution panel gets amp readings by inductive coils that watch the Line 1 and Line 2 coming into the 50A main breakers...It gets voltage from Line 1 and Line 2 so that it can compare..., display the two voltages, and be powered. The comparison allows it to decide if you have a 50A connection or a 30A (default, if not 50A) source. If the potential across L1 to L2 is 240V you have 50A...if it is Zero and it has power...it assumes 30A. 20A or 15A can be manually set.

Last edited:
For those that might get confused while looking at L1 & L2 to see if both sides of your Oasis electrical circuits are working, try this simplistic approach:
Unplug the coach and start your generator. Flip the Oasis ACl on and the generator will rev up. Flip the switch to ACll and the generator will rev even higher. You now know both elements are working as the generator sensed the two loads.

Latest resources

Back