• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Voice Over Artist Wanting to Do Live Recording While Boondocking

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Hello again, all. Just hopping back in for a little more advice.

Was about to order the Parsec from Mobile Must Have today and I asked the associate if mounting the Parsec's exterior edge 12" from my MaxxAir would be a big problem (hoped it wasn't, was only thinking about the materials - plastic - and not about electricity). He said that when the MaxxAir was on the electricity used to run it would create a magnetic field and would cause interference with my nearby Parsec.

As there will be countless times when I want internet and the fan at the same time, do you experts think I should forego the Parsec for a smaller antenna like the Mobile Mark, thus adding a few inches distance (though still not recommended 18")?

Just a thought..... You may find the antennas which came with your device are adequate.
If you are going to the expense & trouble of installing one (external antenna), why not mount it in an optimal location? How difficult would it be to find a better location for the antenna?
Did the folks a Mobile Must Have offer up any alternatives?

The issue for the roof is space. Its a Promaster. We want to have 4x200w solar panels. I could get rid of one of those solar panels and then have plenty of space. But if I can get away with all of it, I'd prefer that. So, there's no optimal location with 800w on the roof. We already installed a MaxxAir all the way to the back of the van, centered. So the best spot left is as far left on the roof from the MaxxAir.

The Mobile Must Have folks suggested raising the antenna and then weren't able to refer me to any examples of that, unfortunately.

The antennas that came with the Max Transit probably won't work great at receiving signal inside my metal van.

Thanks for replying!

Post a picture of antenna.

Post a picture of antenna.
Hi Kevin,
I do not have the antenna yet. Picture a Ram Promaster roof with a MaxxAir fan at the very back, centered. Then picture solar panels starting 3" up from the back of the van, covering it side to side. Then picture an antenna in the back left-most corner.

I would look for something like a ladder mount with a bracket that would allow mounting the antenna to it. You may even be able to locate something that will allow you to raise the antenna when stationary. That should get it more than the 18" away from the MaxxAir. Might also want to look at marine mounts for antennas as they have some unique issues to deal with. Try looking at the seabits.com site.
I suspect you would want an antenna which would not require a ground plane with this type of set up.
Mobile Must Have is pretty good with standard cookie cutter type solutions, but, seem to avoid 'out of the box thinking' type solutions.
Until I googled Promaster I had no idea it was metal. My bad.
Good luck on your search for a solution.

I can picture all but the antenna.

Latest resources

Back