Fulltimer
No
For sure

Attachments

• B03AB9BC-985C-4A09-89FC-621DF5C4783B.jpeg
    B03AB9BC-985C-4A09-89FC-621DF5C4783B.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 101
That’s going to leave a mark.

That would be dissapointing. I call it an “idiot check”, and try as I will to have everything just so, that last minute check still reveals something from time to time, usually a compartment door not fully latched, but it could be much worse.

Absolutely amazing how sure you are, until you’re not……..

A pre-departure check is a MUST. That is: Before leaving home, check. When stopping for lunch, check. When arriving at the campsite, check. Before departing the campsite, check. A checklist is also a sure way to assure everything is exactly as it should be. Don't go anywhere without one. Plus there should be only ONE person in charge at all times.
And also have a "what if" plan. It is said to be really embarrassing to see a good-looking trailer pass you. Then realize it is yours! The pucker factor is now elevated to 10. Not ours, but we saw a bumper tow come loose and proceed down the road by itself. The end results were not pretty.

Always, it never hurts and some times it definitely HELPS....

Yup. Just left the campground yesterday, and left my high-dollar surge protector behind. Always do a walkabout before we leave, but now added to my mental checklist is to physically check utilities at the hook-up site also. Good thing we only live 13 miles away. I went right back, and our camping neighbor had picked it up and was waiting for me. Thanks campers from Texas. Always did love Texicans...😍

We left the wheel on the bottom of the tongue Jack recently. Mostly because, you know, we didn’t do our walk around. Now we both do one and check each other.

See my post about my friends wreck that almost killed his wife. Add tires to the list of things to check. Visual check and air pressure check at every stop. After looking at those pictures I never want to blow a tire. :oops:

Latest resources

Back