Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question Where is the switch for the door awning on 03 American Coach Motorhome?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

marcusS

RVF Newbee
RV Year
RV Make
American Tradition
RV Model
40-T
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
03 Jeep TJ
Fulltimer
No
Just picked up a 03 American Tradition 40T and learning my way around. Low hours and miles and the unit has been used lightly. For the life of me I cannnot find how to extend the small awning over the entry door. The unit also appears to have two low battery auto generator start systems that could be messed up. Came with the HEART system and the main unit and panel are still active. I wrote American Coach for the schematics and they gave me the 2009 Fleetwood bankrupt story. Would love to know if anyone has schematics for 2003 American series coach? Where is the darn door awing controls? What is the door latch normal- Release knob? Does not appear do do anything. The owners package is a circle of non information. None of the awing literature made it. I can work on anything mechanical but reverse engineering RV wiring is for witches and warlocks. Would appreciate anyone that has owned one of these for a while. The awing appears to have a (P) emblem embossed in its end cap but no other markings.

Attachments

• IMG_3911.JPG
    IMG_3911.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 26
Correction the end cap has an lb emblem.

Attachments

• IMG_4068.jpg
    IMG_4068.jpg
    672.5 KB · Views: 11
Probably in one of the cabinets on the passengers side close to where the power for the awning goes thru the wall. There will be a key and a switch.

On my 2003 American eagle I have a remote control for the main awning and have been opening the awning over the entrance manually because I to couldn't find a remote function of any kind. I also have a manual control button in the first cabinet on the passenger side front that will control the main awning, which is acting up, but nothing for over the over the door awning. Regarding your second question about the front door latch normal release knob, mine activates a numatic lock. Be careful with the front door locking mechanism as mine locked me out of the coach when I used the remote control unit.

Oh my Ventanna I could not find the awning switch either so I started thinking... they're not going to run it a long ways from the awning... so I started searching the inside wall closest to the awning. Sure enough, I found the patio and door awning switches above the passenger side window, hidden behind the roller shades.

Just picked up a 03 American Tradition 40T and learning my way around. Low hours and miles and the unit has been used lightly. For the life of me I cannnot find how to extend the small awning over the entry door. The unit also appears to have two low battery auto generator start systems that could be messed up. Came with the HEART system and the main unit and panel are still active. I wrote American Coach for the schematics and they gave me the 2009 Fleetwood bankrupt story. Would love to know if anyone has schematics for 2003 American series coach? Where is the darn door awing controls? What is the door latch normal- Release knob? Does not appear do do anything. The owners package is a circle of non information. None of the awing literature made it. I can work on anything mechanical but reverse engineering RV wiring is for witches and warlocks. Would appreciate anyone that has owned one of these for a while. The awing appears to have a (P) emblem embossed in its end cap but no other markings.
05 Tradition, power awing in cabinet, door awning a hand crank

Latest resources

Back