• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Who's at Camp Newmar?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Wi-Fi in the Newmar campground is pretty good. A note to those with Pepwaves to use your 5 ghz Wi-Fi node. When I first connected I instinctively used the 2.4 Ghz radio as that is typically longer range and what I expect to be needed. Today, as both AT&T and Verizon are driving me nuts, I decided to try the 5 Ghz radio and that actually is working much better and as 5 ghz offers - faster, if done right. My 5 Ghz speeds are around 35/35. As this place is effectively shutdown right now as they are packing to go to International and the campground is at about 20% occupancy that probably has something to do with it too, not much congestion.

The Wi-Fi is now "Open" meaning no password required. I'm not sure why they are doing that as they advertise "newmar123" but I'm guessing they get a lot of questions, who knows.

So again, if using a Wi-Fi router that allows you to choose between 2.4 and 5 Ghz - use the 5 Ghz here at Camp Newmar. They have antennas all over so it's good coverage in the CG.

So Neal, now that you are at the mother ship, where are you eating?
Page 9 of this thread has some good (and bad for diet) ideas.
Are you giving in to the "bad good" food?

I actually didn't eat out "too" much but had a few off the diet experiences:
  1. First morning went to Renee's for breakfast - did not like it.
  2. 2nd morning went to Rentown to Dutchmaid for breakfast - liked it
  3. Went to Dutch Kitchen near Newmar for lunch to see if they returned to their old ways of home style cooking and a buffet - nope, it still sucks. I asked them about when they'll do like they did years ago, sounds like they have no intention, blaming short staffed, but I think it's ownership
  4. Did pizza one lunch (which also became dinner) at the place not far from Camp Newmar (can't remember the name, it was mentiond above) and it was good (yes, of course, pineapple and mushroom - thin crust)
  5. Had to do one night at Oakwood resort while in paint so I had a spinach salad and shrimp cocktail there which wasn't bad, just a very long wait for that simple food (probably 45 minutes for takeout).
  6. I did fall off the wagon one afternoon and went to Rocket Science. That was good. Sought therapy not long after and have not eaten out since.
I'm here until Sunday then off to next stop.

Stopped in to Main St. Roasters today for lunch (corner of Main / Market St). Nice sandwich/salad menu and quaint little place.

Dropped my Dutch off last weekend. Was surprised to see around 20 coaches there. Swapping with the Super Star this weekend. I need to make time to explore the little town one trip soon.

We arrived for today, little warranty and a few other things.
Warranty-furniture and black tank pressure sensor.
Other-roof inspection and reseal front clearance lights, shower enclosure, passenger side mirror loose and wet bay panel loose.

Warranty-furniture
Did you have any input as to what fabric Newmar will use to recover your furniture? When they recovered ours they used the same crap as the original.

Yes I did have some input as I was able to upgrade fabric using their supplier choice. I wanted something different but it is was not available through their normal source.

Arrived today. Couldn't get in. We are a day early. A nice neighbor used his VIN to let us in. Lot of empty spots.
Getting a new aft awning installed.

Can you put out an orange cone for me? For old times sake??

Latest resources

Back