• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Xite HD 360 Camera System Issues

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
I remember you doing this when I was just buying my 2019---I couldn't play as I had v2 of Xite---and threw it away ;)

Don't get me wrong as long as cameras work (I carry a spare) this system is great. It could be so much more with recording and motion activated security for instance.

Sorry for replying to an old thread, but having a 2019 NewAire 3343 with multiple camera replacements I keep pulling the power to the HDCMM when not in use but its easy to forget. I am looking for a better solution using a dash rocker switch instead. I could try to fish a new line to the HDCMM cable to control the power, but this seems to be overkill. The HDCMM power is probably fused somewhere but lack of documentation doesn't help. If it is indeed fused, the fuse might be a better place to tap a switch for locating at my dash as I've already fished wires from the lower driver side fuse panel for my dash cam power. If someone knows which fuse is used or where the HDCMM specific fuse is located I'd appreciate finding out. Also. if there is a Xite HD360 camera system wiring diagram file available can someone post it? Probably applies to all NewAires 2018-2020 at least.

Thanks in Advance!

Sorry for replying to an old thread, but having a 2019 NewAire 3343 with multiple camera replacements I keep pulling the power to the HDCMM when not in use but its easy to forget. I am looking for a better solution using a dash rocker switch instead. I could try to fish a new line to the HDCMM cable to control the power, but this seems to be overkill. The HDCMM power is probably fused somewhere but lack of documentation doesn't help. If it is indeed fused, the fuse might be a better place to tap a switch for locating at my dash as I've already fished wires from the lower driver side fuse panel for my dash cam power. If someone knows which fuse is used or where the HDCMM specific fuse is located I'd appreciate finding out. Also. if there is a Xite HD360 camera system wiring diagram file available can someone post it? Probably applies to all NewAires 2018-2020 at least.

Thanks in Advance!
I put a rocker switch in the basement compartment where the HDCMM is located...not as convenient as on the dash, but it worked.

I put a rocker switch in the basement compartment where the HDCMM is located...not as convenient as on the dash, but it worked.
Thanks,
I looked some more and zoomed out on the HD360 diagram posted earlier in the thread and see a note for the HDCMM connection "constant power, fuse in cord comp". I'm guessing this is it and the fuse is somewhere behind the plexiglass panel in the power bay near the cord reel. Running/fishing a wire pair from the dash area to control the HDCMM power could be a challenge.

I found the HDCMM fuse in the basement power bay; in my 2019 NADP 3343 it's the 3rd door on the driver side. The fuse is F6, behind the plexiglass panel. Since I have a bit of a time contraint I decided to try a wireless switch. I installed a Shelly 1 Wifi switch with Tasmota loaded on it., connected to my WiFiRanger. I am now able to toggle the HDCMM on/off as needed by connecting to the Shelly 1 via Wifi.

I found the HDCMM fuse in the basement power bay; in my 2019 NADP 3343 it's the 3rd door on the driver side. The fuse is F6, behind the plexiglass panel. Since I have a bit of a time contraint I decided to try a wireless switch. I installed a Shelly 1 Wifi switch with Tasmota loaded on it., connected to my WiFiRanger. I am now able to toggle the HDCMM on/off as needed by connecting to the Shelly 1 via Wifi.
Not familiar with a wireless switch can you elaborate on how it is connected and works?

Not familiar with a wireless switch can you elaborate on how it is connected and works?
This link contains info on the Shelly 1:
It is primarily used to control home light circuits via home automation systems like Home Assistant (which I also use). It can also operate as a relay switch for 12 VDC circuits.
If you look at the wiring diagram in the link, I connected the fuse 12 VDC hot side to an inline fuse holder connecting the 12 VDC to the "N" and "1" terminals. The "0" terminal is connected back to the F6 fuse connector feeding the HDCMM. I connected a Ground to the "L" terminal. One was available on the KIB fuse block above this fuse block. I used wire crimp connectors throughout.

Regarding the control software; I use Tasmota for my Home Assistant at my home so I used the same here. See Shelly 1 - Tasmota
You may be able to get by with the installed app, but it may rely on having internet connectivity for the cloud app.
If you need more details let me know.

20220609_170447.jpg
20220609_152527.jpg
20220609_170431.jpg
Screenshot_20220610-082543_Chrome.jpg

Wow--I never had heard of Shelly components. Its nice to see someone competing in the space that used to be ruled by Sonoff.

This link contains info on the Shelly 1:
It is primarily used to control home light circuits via home automation systems like Home Assistant (which I also use). It can also operate as a relay switch for 12 VDC circuits.
If you look at the wiring diagram in the link, I connected the fuse 12 VDC hot side to an inline fuse holder connecting the 12 VDC to the "N" and "1" terminals. The "0" terminal is connected back to the F6 fuse connector feeding the HDCMM. I connected a Ground to the "L" terminal. One was available on the KIB fuse block above this fuse block. I used wire crimp connectors throughout.

Regarding the control software; I use Tasmota for my Home Assistant at my home so I used the same here. See Shelly 1 - Tasmota
You may be able to get by with the installed app, but it may rely on having internet connectivity for the cloud app.
If you need more details let me know.

View attachment 12786View attachment 12788View attachment 12787View attachment 12789
Thanks for the explanation, interesting.

Latest resources

Back