• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Yet another tire blowout

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Not good at all, Scott. Glad you kept control!

Can you please also clarify what rig you have. Your profile shows you have a 2009 King Aire, but you've made a couple reference about the tires being "factory...build".

And, do I see a Tyron Band around that rim?
Those pics are the 2020 Kountry Star 4037 that I had the most recent blowout issue with as detailed in this thread. We have decided to move on from that coach and now have the older 2009 KA in my signature and the 2020 is still being repaired. It will be consigned away if i ever get it out of the body shop. Yes, that is a Tyron, that was not installed correctly and "slipped". It's right hand side counterpart was also not installed correctly and while it didn't blow it required I replace the right side wheel as well as the left that made contact with the pavement when the tire shredded.

Congrats, @Scotttkd2 ! That’s a pretty bold move IMO.
Thanks, I didn't go into all the details, but we considered throwing in the towel and went as far as making an offer on a home in our winter location and giving up the RV lifestyle entirely, but ultimately cooler heads prevailed and we realized we really needed to be mobile for 3-5 more years. Once we decided that it was just a matter of what kind of RV would we be comfortable full timing in that had the capability of going coast to coast as needed. I really wanted a 10-15 year old Newell, or Prevost but the budget wasn't there for that. The 09 KA fit the budget and is a much heavier duty chassis than the 2020 KS. I am happy with it so far, just working out the "new to us" kinks that we all have to work out.

Those pics are the 2020 Kountry Star 4037 that I had the most recent blowout issue with as detailed in this thread. We have decided to move on from that coach and now have the older 2009 KA in my signature and the 2020 is still being repaired. It will be consigned away if i ever get it out of the body shop. Yes, that is a Tyron, that was not installed correctly and "slipped". It's right hand side counterpart was also not installed correctly and while it didn't blow it required I replace the right side wheel as well as the left that made contact with the pavement when the tire shredded.
Thanks for the info, Scott. Forgive my redundant question; I have NO idea why I only saw the "first couple" posts by you...my fault.

I now see you DID have Tyrons. I asked, because I have read elsewhere of faulty installs. Really sorry that you had to find out the hard way that you were one of them.

Enjoy the new KA!

Latest resources

Back