Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

You know you're in trouble when the Newmar parts guy says...

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Neemer

Crayon Eater
RVF Supporter
RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
DSDP 4326
RV Length
Chassis
Freightliner
Engine
ISL 450
TOW/TOAD
2023 Winnebago ERA 70A or 2012 Ford Taurus
"Those are a bit pricey". :LOL:

One wiper arm for my KSDP: $200+ ?

I'm going to learn to heat and bend metal. If I screw that up, then I'll whip out the credit card.

Is there a brand/model number listed on the existing arm? If so you can probably find it online for about half the cost. (Given past experience with other parts).

Also, many times Newgle lists the vendor’s part number which helps finding a replacement part online.

"You know you're in trouble when the Newmar parts guy says..."​

I was thinking as soon as he says "hello". :LOL:

Yeah, check on Amazon. I got a set for $55.00.

There is a difference in the arm that attaches to the coach vs the wiper assembly that attaches to the arm. I just replaced my driver's side arm to solve an issue mentioned in another post.

There is a difference in the arm that attaches to the coach vs the wiper assembly that attaches to the arm. I just replaced my driver's side arm to solve an issue mentioned in another post.
Yes. Sorry if I confused anyone. My magneshade windshield cover blew off on our last trip. As a result, one of my wiper arms got bent up pretty badly. Today’s project is to remove the arm and see if I can bend it back to near-original form.

Not sure this will help but I have found that AM Equipment makes the majority of the parts and pieces for wiper systems for the RV, Bus, and Train industry. I have been able to source replacement parts through them at significantly less than dealers or MFG prices in the past. In fact I just got new blades from them for the King Aire at half of Newmars price. No guarantee but here is their site RV Replacement Parts Guide — AM Equipment

The actual wiper blades are not expensive, Costco sells them in the sizes we need, what is expensive is the whole wiper arm from it's attachment point on the coach out from there. But, some place made the assembly for Newmar. Search for "Diesel Equipment Company", they make a lot of assemblies for big trucks and many manufactures of motorhomes. Once you find them call them, bet you they have your part, cheaper than Newmar. Not disparaging Newmar, but money talks and well that other stuff walks.

Latest resources

Back