Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
Air travel is the way to go. I mean, it's been great just trying to get home from Seattle with all of the cancellations due to smoke and weather. I even scored another night in a hotel courtesy of Delta, two wonderful meal vouchers for a total of $30 to get me through 24 hours. Maybe today is my lucky day and I'll finally get home at 1 AM tomorrow! :cautious:

Makes Private Aviation look very attractive:)

Air travel is the way to go. I mean, it's been great just trying to get home from Seattle with all of the cancellations due to smoke and weather. I even scored another night in a hotel courtesy of Delta, two wonderful meal vouchers for a total of $30 to get me through 24 hours. Maybe today is my lucky day and I'll finally get home at 1 AM tomorrow! :cautious:
Thanks for reminding me how much I like driving and hate flying.

Excited Wake Up GIF by Originals

Thank GOD I don't have to fly anymore. Had 30 years of corporate sales flying all over the country, delays, cancelled flights and over crowded planes. An this is when it was GOOD BEFORE COVID.

Hope you make it home safe, next time take the RV.

HH

After I retired in 2018, I was happy I didn’t have to fly anymore. That lasted until May of this year. After a four year flying hiatus, I discovered that, yep, it still sucks. Maybe even worse than before.

No problems getting from Denver to Calgary last week. We’ll see what happens with the remaining three flights on this trip (To Halifax, then Montreal and home).

Body made it home, awaiting arrival of the mind and whatever else, not sure where it may be! I want to thank Delta Air Lines for the cryotherapy as part of my air travel adventure.

No problems getting from Denver to Calgary last week. We’ll see what happens with the remaining three flights on this trip (To Halifax, then Montreal and home).

Three flights went off without a hitch. Now, we’re sitting in the plane in Montreal waiting for them to finish loading bags. We’re almost two hours late already. I think it’s just staffing issues.

Edit after the flight: I think we pulled away from the gate 1 hour and 58 minutes late. The issue was in getting our plane from its arrival gate to the departure gate. The plane had come in from Toronto, so apparently it had to be towed from the domestic terminal to the international terminal. If the plane went through the same US customs line we did, it totally explains the delay.

Joking aside, my impression is that Montreal is not a place to fly through unless you have to. I didn’t even get to try the local poutine, as the POS machine at the restaurant wasn’t working, and I only had 50 cents cash in my pocket.

I’ve now flown through six Canadian airports (Vancouver, Edmonton, Calgary, Toronto, Montreal, and Halifax), and this was by far the worst.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back