Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question I am absolutely new to RV lifestyle but want it!

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Audio

RVF Regular
I have a 30ft 2010 Coachman with one slide out, I have a 2013 GMC Sierra Single Cab work truck to pull it. I'm the second owner so it's only been exposed to outside conditions 5 times prior to me, the older couple bought it new off the lot and used it 5 times otherwise it has always been stored inside at room temperature for the past 10 year. His gap is less as it should be?

Welcome to RVforums from Ely, Iowa

Welcome to the group.

I'm trying to figure out where I can go stay where my lines won't freeze and not cost me a lot I don't have much of a window but no clue where I could go. Any help be appreciated I plan on selling my house in the spring and want to live this rv lifestyle end explore

Where are you starting from? Across most of the southern states, freezing plumbing would be less of an issue now that fall is here and winter is soon to follow. How long are you hoping/planning on staying in one place?

Where are you starting from? Across most of the southern states, freezing plumbing would be less of an issue now that fall is here and winter is soon to follow. How long are you hoping/planning on staying in one place?
I'm going to be coming from Upper Michigan and have to leave by November to avoid freezing Temps here. Stay somewhere south from November to April

This can be an expensive journey with no knowledge of where you are going and what it entails. I recommend doing a lot of research into destinations, travel times, costs associated with travel. And much more, way to much to just throw you a paragraph about where to go. IF money is no object then just go and enjoy learning about the RV life. And read all you can.

I thought about my response and the people I have met doing RV repair work and as I am straight down I-75 from Michigan, I think you should come at least this far this winter. I am in the Chattanooga Tenn area and meet all kinds wintering over from up north. This is a suggestion before you enter the melee that is Florida and anywhere on the gulf coast. Before I would suggest going out west to boondock, you would need a bit of experience. But depending on your budget, there are places all across the southern tier of states all the way to California that make nice places to avoid freezing temps.

Anything sounds better than the winter in the Upper in a trailer!!!

Florida is fine if you're pockets are deep.

Texas in Brownsville area is good.

Deming nm only sees about 3" of snow, but can freeze pipes buried shallow.

Southern az seldom freezes.

California desert is swimming weather in the hot springs.

Some tips:

Come across on I-10 or I-40 when winter traveling headed to AZ.
Forest service has road use maps that show roads you can camp along 14 days, no charge. Any fs station has those maps gratis.

The west is more RV friendly, that is the reason I seldom leave AZ with my RV. Free camping on BLM land can easily be found from I-40 down to Yuma that will keep your RV from freezing.

California has some of the highest prices on fuel, (and everything else). If you're liberal you will likely enjoy California, those that aren't, Can't get out fast enough.

I stay in on BLM LTVAs for 6 months a year (the permit is for 7 months, for 180 the season). Depending on location water,dump station, and trash dumpsters are provided, for that fee.

Latest resources

Back