Newmar
RV Model
London Aire 4551
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
Yukon Denali
Fulltimer
Yes
Heads up on a Newmar Technical Service Bulletin (TSB 591, I think) that will be coming out this week. When Spartan sends the chassis to Newmar they zip tie an air filter to the chassis and it is supposed to be installed in the electrical bay. It is zip tied ODS near front tire. I'd hate to be the one in production that overlooked this as ALL Newmars with a Spartan Chassis have not had the air filter installed. 😬

I just looked at the population. This goes back as far as 2019 Essex, and all the way up to 2023 models.

This only affects coach with Valid air leveling. This filter is part of the active leveling, air intake. It looks like the filter has a bag over it, preventing air from entering the system. I wonder what that effect is overall?

The electrical compartment they are dealing with is in front, below the driver seat.

It looks like the filter has a bag over it, preventing air from entering the system. I wonder what that effect is overall?
It is my understanding that Spartan attached the filter to the chassis. I believe the bag's only purpose is to protect the filter. In production, Newmar was supposed to take the filter out of the bag and install it in the electrical bay (Driver side, 1st bay).

Are Y'all saying Newmar has not installed these on Spartan chassis coached since 2019 ⁉️
WOW!
And we all bought a coach from one of the premium manufacturers in the Industry?
Hopefully Newmar will correct this on each of your coaches with Valid Air"!
I'm a bit disappointed, but not totally surprised.
And other manufacturers have even bigger issues!

Are Y'all saying Newmar has not installed these on Spartan chassis coached since 2019 ⁉️
WOW!
And we all bought a coach from one of the premium manufacturers in the Industry?
I'm a bit disappointed, but not totally surprised.
And other manufacturers have even bigger issues!
Most likely it happened like this:

Spartan made a change from Hadley to Valid air. This included an additional air hose that needed to be protected from both transit and construction. So they wrapped it in plastic, coiled it up, and made a phone call to their newmar lead letting them know about the change.

Newmar lead either moved on, or forgot. Either way--that change was not documented and remained undiscovered until Spartan had a chassis in for a problem with Valid air---then the discovery was made and escalated.

I really want to know if the ride is improved once the system can breathe properly :)

They installed it on my coach two weeks ago so I’m good to go. Well, as far as that goes. 😂

Heads up on a Newmar Technical Service Bulletin (TSB 591, I think) that will be coming out this week. When Spartan sends the chassis to Newmar they zip tie an air filter to the chassis and it is supposed to be installed in the electrical bay. It is zip tied ODS near front tire. I'd hate to be the one in production that overlooked this as ALL Newmars with a Spartan Chassis have not had the air filter installed. 😬
@ARD ... perfect timing as I will be in Nappanee on 10/31/22. I just went out and looked and found the "green bag" on my coach so will have them add this to my list.

Thank you for posting this.

FLSteve (y)

Valid Air Filter.jpg

Latest resources

Back