• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question 2024 DutchStar head light bulb replacement LED

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Try M4 products. My LED headlights were a whopping $84 and simply amazing. Illuminated everything and on coming drivers never flashed their lights at me. M4 LED Products

Fahren's in 3 vehicles, love them, no issues. Sounds like you had a bad one. I'd just replace it and keep a spare, if you were happy with how it worked for you.

So the DutchStar headlight output is again measured in Candlepower 😂

The Flex LED driver side headlamp is now intermittent. Driving my nuts. Left wing conspiracy!!!

The Lasifit have been in mine 2 years...25k miles....and I drive at night some

Met Jason Maybie here at Newmar AKA RVHEADLIGHTGUY. He works in engineering and has a side business building very highend headlights, mostly for DutchStar.
He explained much of the issues with LEDs in the OEM housings

This, I believe, is the root cause of headlight issues on Class A.

There hasn’t been enough engineering thought in the headlights. Just grab something off the shelf that wasn’t designed for the height position for where they mount it nor thought into the overall mass of the vehicle and stopping distances.

Headlights designed for the chassis is one of the benefits of a class c chassis.

If you don’t drive at night, then these are only for emergency use, just drive slower when dark.

The prior owner of our coach (Freightliner Cascadia based Super C) upgraded the headlights to LED. They swapped out the entire housing to ensure the housing and reflectors were designed together to maximize the lighting.
Love the headlights. Work well on low beam, great on high beam, and when on a long country road without cars will flip that other switch for the light bar, then we can see down the road in almost daylight conditions for more than 1/2 mile.

It might seem pricey to swap out the entire housing, but if you want to drive at night, might be worth considering this route and see if you can see a real life demo of the difference.

In the overall scheme of the coach price, $3k for total headlamp housing doesn’t seem too bad. But Newmar, IMO, should be considering these as standard or making them a factory option.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back