• Commercial/Vendors welcome

3D Printing and RVing

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
I did these, they are great! I had to remove one side as it was a conflict with the Raspberry Pi camera setup.

Last edited:
So many things to print...I’ve saved several trips to Lowe’s, HD or Ace by designing / printing the piece instead...more fun and save time, money & gas...I’m almost starting to feel like a tree hugger.

My printer went non stop for months. I love it. Candy jars I designed for my lifesavers, pantry bins, hooks, the list goes on. I’m embarrassed by the amount of filament I own :(

With the Prusa multi material (MMU2S) add-on you can print models with up to 5 filaments (colors). I do NOT recommend adding this thing, it's been the biggest pain in the butt and cause for so many failures when life was so good previously. But as with anything Prusa it's all an experiment and they tweak as time goes. I have it working for the most part, some days it does and some days it's an epic failure and attempts at fixing. But I through together a simple little tinker project in Fusion 360 and here is the result after finding a good article on how to create multi-material designs.

So, when will rubber filaments be available so we can print Michelin 315/80R22.5 and 365/70R22.5 tires? ;)

TJ

There are filaments of all kinds, heck even cars are getting 3D printed now. I even have a carbon fiber filament in my collection :)

With your help Neal I ordered a 3D printer. It will take a while to get here, but when I get it and after some practice i already have a few projects to tackle for the RV. 1 replacing cup holders for deeper ones. 2. iPad and iphone mounts. That’s to start.

I know that @Neal uses the Prusa i3 MK3 3D printer but I have discovered that a local friend is using an Ender 3 printer that he likes very much. It looks very similar to the Prusa. Anyone with experience using the Ender 3?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07D218NX3/?tag=rvf01-20

The upside of this printer for me would be having someone nearby as a hands-on consultant.

TJ

@TJ&LadyDi I don't know about it but it looks cool, heard that name a lot in youtube videos. Like I suggested to @BGMAC is to search google for reviews and also search YouTube and watch videos on it and hope you can find reviewers that discuss it. Welcome to 3D printing, so much fun making stuff!

@TJ&LadyDi I don't know about it but it looks cool, heard that name a lot in youtube videos. Like I suggested to @BGMAC is to search google for reviews and also search YouTube and watch videos on it and hope you can find reviewers that discuss it. Welcome to 3D printing, so much fun making stuff!
Thanks, @Neal. I haven't taken the plunge yet; just checking my options. I'm not a particular lover of computers, so don't know how much more involvement I really want with them.

TJ

Latest resources

Back