• Commercial/Vendors welcome

3D Printing and RVing

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Got a free version of Fusion 360 the other day. Amazing software! Whipped up a couple brackets for a project within an hour. Used YT videos by Lars for instructions.
Software is powerful and relatively easy to use, even for a novice. The trick is to translate the brackets to the real world? in any event fun stuff. A 3D printer is not in my future as of yet. These brackets will live in the engine compartment so not sure if a sintered metal or heavy heat resistant nylon would be the material of choice. First round, would be a prototype material for fitting and final dimension check.
Following this thread has been very informative. Thanks!

@JoeHogan welcome to the club! You’ll be amazed at all the “stuff“ you are able design/create. And, as you have already observed, it’s fun. I’ve spent many hours with Lars...he’s good.

Fusion 360 is free for non commercial (aka personal) use. Now I need to find time to watch all of Lars's videos! I really want to learn this monster!

brackets.png
very cool software!!

Here is another very useful 3d printing project, especially for those that like to tinker with Raspberry Pie IC boards.

And another very useful item that can be printed on a 3D printer. Wonder why I don't have one of these 3d printers...??

You can print winterization fittings for RV's too, I did a few some time ago.

More entertainment with Fusion 360. Bracket is becoming closer to reality.

1588956546682.png

Nice Joe!!!. I downloaded Fusion 360. Where can I get some good beginner starter lessons?

Latest resources

Back