• Commercial/Vendors welcome

3D Printing and RVing

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
I ordered the Creality3D CR-10 S5 3D printer. It seems favorable online and a local friend has the Creality3D CR-10 S4 and likes it. It is a fairly large printer so it might not be one to carry in the RV.

FWIW...I ordered the Prusa i3 MK3 kit directly from Prusa in January. It arrived about 3 weeks later and took me about a week to assemble (great detailed instructions). During the 3 week wait, I downloaded Fusion 360, watched many videos and did lots of tutorials. I am very happy with my decision to jump into 3D printing and with the Prusa purchase. I have to admit, little research was done regarding what brand to buy...I knew @Neal and @redbaron wouldn't lead me astray! To aide my woodworking hobby, I've designed and printed many invaluable jigs.

I got to my researching a 3D printer. Based on advise learned here, I was leaning heavily towards Prusa. Numerous reviews also pointed towards Prusa. I got a bit of sticker shock with the MK3. While recovering I saw the Prusa mini. That price tag was more appealing to me. With a 7" cube working area, that is not too much to give up to the 9" cube MK3. With a price point at $350, it's much easier to justify as a starter. Bummer though when they said the mini will not ship until August 2020. Hmmmm. Dang it.

Who said you only had to have one 3D printer? I have two :) My first was a FlashForge Creator Pro which I still use from time to time and enjoy it.

Who said you only had to have one 3D printer? I have two :) My first was a FlashForge Creator Pro which I still use from time to time and enjoy it.

It wasn't me. I'm sure I'd start with one and upgrade eventually. I'm too fascinated with making baubles, trinkets and doo-dads.

Can you rotate an item so that it is diagonal on the print bed? That would allow printing a 9"+ item in a 7" cube work space.

TJ

;) You guys remind of "mad scientists"? with these 3D printers! I'm sure one of you will develop the next great "RV Trinket" that becomes a must have! Somebody will become a millionaire, or get to appear on "Shark Tank"!?
Good luck & have fun!(y)

I was lucky to have the 2nd 3D printer as I needed to print a new part for the Prusa that I had screwed up. It's nice how you can print any Prusa parts involved in assembling the machine if you need to.

Can you rotate an item so that it is diagonal on the print bed? That would allow printing a 9"+ item in a 7" cube work space.

Yes, do whatever is needed so it can print. In PrusaSlicer it will turn green when you're good, another color if it's outside the printable area. Sometimes you have to use the diagonal. I think it may take longer as the extruder has to travel greater distances but you do what you have to do.

Yes, do whatever is needed so it can print. In PrusaSlicer it will turn green when you're good, another color if it's outside the printable area. Sometimes you have to use the diagonal. I think it may take longer as the extruder has to travel greater distances but you do what you have to do.
Can you print toilet paper ?:):ROFLMAO::LOL:

Latest resources

Back