Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
Who is responsible for allowing ants to fly? I'm on the edge of a farm and a swarm of something came in today. Ants with wings, someone really messed up that gift.

Sure they aren’t termites?

Ant containment contributions, flying or otherwise, should be corralled to the "Ant" forum. (which at this time you have not created)
Probably are, they shouldn't have wings. Why do they have wings???
Because they cant get a pilots license?

Here's some info on that. I never knew... Oregon is boring

Last year I walked outside to wash my truck (central Florida). My neighbor in the site across from me hollered "what is that above your head?" When I looked up there was a swarm of bees about 15' around and maybe 5' above me. I quickly moved across the street and we watched as they slowly moved across to the next site, landed on the front of that poor guys fiver and stayed. It literally turned most of the front of his fiver black! We had never seen anything like this in Florida.

The park called a bee keeper and he said they would move on after a day or so. He claimed they were on their way to a close by orange grove. After two days we noticed they had worked their way up inside of his hitch and were busy making a huge hive. We complained to management but they said it was the RV owners responsibility to get rid of them. The problem was he is Canadian and couldn't be in Florida.

If it's the RV owners responsibility, Would they have a problem with HOW we get rid of the bees? I think yes.
I always go nuclear on that kind of thing:devilish:

Many farmers in Florida would gladly come collect the bees. Posting to a local FB group would get the problem solved.

If it's the RV owners responsibility, Would they have a problem with HOW we get rid of the bees? I think yes.
I always go nuclear on that kind of thing:devilish:
I bet if you started a bon fire under the hitch the bees would leave............. :rolleyes:

Just kidding , of course. Sorta. :giggle:

I bet if you started a bon fire under the hitch the bees would leave............. :rolleyes:

Just kidding , of course. Sorta. :giggle:
Call a local bee keeper. They will come and find the queen. The others will follow into new hive.👻

Latest resources

Back