RV Make
Grand Design
RV Model
2023 Reflection 303
RV Length
32 feet 6 inches
Fulltimer
No
We purchased our Reflection 303 last spring and in the summer on our first trip one of the batteries overheated and we almost had a fire. The battery that overheated was replaced with a new battery. Recently the owner of the RV repair facility where we store our Reflection 303 notified me that a battery was overheating. Does anyone else have this problem or know what is causing the battery to overheat.

Explain your charge setup, is this occurring while on charge, and any other information that could cause a battery to overheat.

More information please!
Type of batteries is helpful.
Number of batteries.
Charging system.
Pictures and a diagram of how it is wired.

You know? The kind of thing that would give a useful answer!

Are you on shore / commercial power while parked and put away for storage? Solar power?

Rick

Need more info and pictures. I had a very similar issue with my rig and it cost me 4 brand new AGM batteries. The worst part here that I caused the problem. I installed new batteries and did not fully reconfigure my onboard charging / maintaining system for the batteries. The batteries ended up looking like the Michelin Tire Baby. Also discovered that the battery heat monitor was not working. Make sure all cable are good and that the insulation has not rubbed through and is contacting the metal frame. I also added a separate dash mounted battery monitor so I could see the state of charge for both house and chassis batteries at all times/ You will notice an on off switch below the monitor. This allows me to shut off the monitor to save power and eliminate the very bright display when not needed.

Battery Monitor.JPG
81S2I+KhmqL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Explain your charge setup, is this occurring while on charge, and any other information that could cause a battery to overheat.

Attachments

• Reflection 303 Elec.JPG
    Reflection 303 Elec.JPG
    699.2 KB · Views: 11
This is a photo of the electrical system in the forward compartment of the 303 Reflection. The auxiliary battery to the left in the photo is where the battery overheated while we were utilizing the 50 amp connection at the pedestal. I am a retired dentist so my knowledge of the electrical system is minimal.

Latest resources

Back