F53
Engine
Triton V10
TOW/TOAD
Under consideration
Fulltimer
No
Hi thanks for reading.

2015 Bay Star with the stock Sony Bravia TVs. The front TV sees the antennae fine and pulls in channels, the rear TV does not. The rear TV does work with the connected DVD player but when I go into setup the antennae selection is grayed out (can't select).

There is a junction box at the front TV that let's me select Front/Rear/Outside TV (no outside TV) and I make sure to select bedroom TV/Antennae, just the way it works for the front, but nothing. I tried using the front connection to the rear and that didn't work. I recall the one time I had cable available it worked for the front and not the back.

I am not the original owner and can't say if it ever worked. I think at this point I need to remove the TV to ensure all cable are securely connected or confirm they never were.

Any thoughts appreciated, thanks,

Chet

The coax would probably need to be verified connected but there are also likely splitters in your coach. Mine has one in the basement forward of my pegboard (Ventana) and also one on the back wall under the kitchen sink.

I did indeed find a splitter going to the rear bedroom all appeared good as far as I could follow it. I really think the next step is to verify the connections on the back of the TV. It's pretty solidly attached.

Should just be four screws you access from the front but that's my setup, shouldn't be too hard I don't think.

I do see some mounting screws on the front, I guess it's go time; thanks!

has it ever worked with the antenna? If not you need to do a channel scan in tv setup

Channel scan returns zero channels

Channel scan returns zero channels
As Neal had mentioned there are splitters, what I have found is there are multiple splitters to accommodate various stages of production ( not just one cable from point A to B) and I have found lose connections and also where the center wire did not seat in the connection. They are typically found on the top of storage compartments, in the liquid tank compartments and under the kitchen sink.
To eliminate the TV you could connect a coax with a double female fitting from one of the other TV’s coax.
Also check online to see if the tv needs a firmware update

I did a search on Amazon for some type of tester. This is the cheapest one I found:

As Neal had mentioned there are splitters, what I have found is there are multiple splitters to accommodate various stages of production ( not just one cable from point A to B) and I have found lose connections and also where the center wire did not seat in the connection. They are typically found on the top of storage compartments, in the liquid tank compartments and under the kitchen sink.
To eliminate the TV you could connect a coax with a double female fitting from one of the other TV’s coax.
Also check online to see if the tv needs a firmware update
I will ultimately run the known good working antennae connection to it to test if it comes to that. Thanks!

Latest resources

Back