Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
6.7 ISB 360/800
TOW/TOAD
2001 Jeep Wrangler
Fulltimer
No
Due to events beyond my control I missed my appointment at the Mothership to get, among other things, a new windshield. I thought I had a proper alternative identified, but given the back and forth Q&A with them, I’m beginning to wonder. I know I’ve seen this info here before but I’d like to get a response based on current experiences and results.
Thanks

Rich...I've said it previously but in my humble opinion, one cannot go wrong in Coburg, OR at Coach Glass (RV Glass Solutions). I know Coburg Oregon is a long day trip for you (8 hours), but mix it up and stay at a Park along the way. At the facility they have three 50 amp hookup spots so you can spend the night before. The crew at Coach Glass is professional, competent, and the least expensive (other installers buy from them !). The waiting room (area) is terrific and last but not least, no sales tax in Oregon. I recently had mine done and I saved over $500.00 going to Coach Glass (I paid out-of-pocket). Plus, if you feel inclined you can walk across the street and check out what's happening at Marathon Coach 😊

Rich...I've said it previously but in my humble opinion, one cannot go wrong in Coburg, OR at Coach Glass (RV Glass Solutions). I know Coburg Oregon is a long day trip for you (8 hours), but mix it up and stay at a Park along the way. At the facility they have three 50 amp hookup spots so you can spend the night before. The crew at Coach Glass is professional, competent, and the least expensive (other installers buy from them !). The waiting room (area) is terrific and last but not least, no sales tax in Oregon. I recently had mine done and I saved over $500.00 going to Coach Glass (I paid out-of-pocket). Plus, if you feel inclined you can walk across the street and check out what's happening at Marathon Coach 😊
X2 for sure. Not only can you spend the night before plugged into 50 amps in their parking lot but they let me stay in the coach at night while the glass was curing parked just pulled out of the shop. Very professional people for sure.

Ok, I’m dealing with the same company but at their Phoenix shop. They suggested several of their mobile windshield affiliates (they claim to have 3,000) but I want it done in a shop with good equipment and staff.

I’ve considered making an Oregon Coast trip out of it and going to Coburg - not sure if that will make any difference. Right now the Phoenix shop wants me to measure the glass (within 1/2”) so they can get the right one - seems to me they should be able to figure this out with the numbers on the glass and all the other info and pics I’ve provided. Maybe I’ll hit up the shop in Coburg and see if I get the same results.

I do know that last year I had to schedule an appointment months in advance for Coburg. Maybe it’s let up a bit now.

I’ll call them tomorrow - I have plenty of time, just a bunch of cracks and it would be nice to have new glass. If I were going to drive the thing to Alaska I’d wait til I got back.

Ok, I’m dealing with the same company but at their Phoenix shop. They suggested several of their mobile windshield affiliates (they claim to have 3,000) but I want it done in a shop with good equipment and staff.

I’ve considered making an Oregon Coast trip out of it and going to Coburg - not sure if that will make any difference. Right now the Phoenix shop wants me to measure the glass (within 1/2”) so they can get the right one - seems to me they should be able to figure this out with the numbers on the glass and all the other info and pics I’ve provided. Maybe I’ll hit up the shop in Coburg and see if I get the same results.

Coburg has the windshields in house, and sends them out to Phoenix. It is a first class facilty. Maybe, a short trip to the coast for super seafood even if a bit rainey might be fun!. Judy D

Coburg has the windshields in house, and sends them out to Phoenix. It is a first class facilty. Maybe, a short trip to the coast for super seafood even if a bit rainey might be fun!. Judy D
I do like the north coast, any time of year.

go before the snow falls. You don’t want to have to go up and down the grades on snowy roads. I agree the place in Coburg is good. There’s a nice rv park at the same exit opposite side of the freeway. Premier resorts. The food at the truck stop at the stoplight is really good if you want a place close by.

Latest resources

Back