Newmar
RV Model
London Aire 4551
RV Length
Chassis
Spartan
TOW/TOAD
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
This article is crazy. In Michigan, a customer is being sued because the dealerships employee accidentally killed another employee while doing the oil change.

The bizarre laws in Michigan prevent dealership employees from suing the dealership, so the victims family is suing the customer.

The customer is negligent for leaving his motor vehicle unattended with a 3rd party.....like we all do when getting service.

Read the article before commenting...it's bizarre. The lawyer in this case is definitely a sleeze, but it appears as the laws are written to allow for this misconduct.

That is the craziest thing I've ever read. I guess when I go to Spartan or Cummins in Grand Rapids, I will have to have the mechanic(s) assigned to my coach sign an Indemnity Agreement. 😳

That is the craziest thing I've ever read. I guess when I go to Spartan or Cummins in Grand Rapids, I will have to have the mechanic(s) assigned to my coach sign an Indemnity Agreement. 😳
That is what I was wondering...so many times I leave my vehicles in others care....I will be following the outcome of this.

Mpst places don't let you stay with the coach, while it is being serviced. The shop ties to get out of al liabiliy. however, they should be liable for thier own policies. If this was the case, then the fault should lie with the shop. Here is a case of damned if you do and damned if you don't.

Crazy world. Started to make me wonder how much liability I'm exposed to here at the park.

This is a crazy world , I know I carry a $2 million dollar liability umbrella on my insurance, sometimes I wonder if this is enough.

HH

I have a $1 million dollar umbrella policy for the people out there that would sue me for stupid causes such as this. Costs be about $350/yr. I'll let the insurance company's lawyers fight with them. Lawyers with an "s". Plural. ;)

Counter sue the mechanic and dealership for negligence 5 times what they are being sued for. Article stated the man did not know how to drive a stick. Did not have a drivers license. Being of legal age, he should be aware of the laws about operating a vehicle. Dealership is responsible for hiring a person that is not capable to operate the machinery he is working on.

Keep in mind that anyone can sue anyone for anything. Just because some attorney files a lawsuit doesn't mean it will go anyplace. Many times a person will be encouraged by an attorney to sue another party because the other party is well insured so there are "deep pockets" to possibly get a quick settlement out of.

Real life example: years ago a couple young local officers attempt to pull over a drunk driver. He starts to flee but is quickly caught. He fights with officers but is subdued and taken to the station. He was never struck during the struggle nor did he suffer any type of injuries. He was recently released from prison after serving time for armed robbery.

While he was in a cell he hits himself in the face several times. Obviously the next day he has a black eye and other bruising on his face. These injuries do not match what the young officers reported in their reports after the incident because they never stuck him. He gets with his attorney and files a lawsuit against the officers (no money there) and the city they work for ( a lot of money there).

Within a couple months the city's insurance carrier settles with him for $50,000. Their reasoning is that paying him $50,000 was cheaper than defending the lawsuit.

I was one of the young officers.

I was told a similar story in a Workmans Comp. seminar years ago. It was a video, ironically of OHSA officials onsite of the construction of a domed stadium. The worlds largest crane was set up to set roof panels. In the video you can see a panel about to be set. People start to holler and you see a dot exit a door and you realize how big the crane is. It goes over from a wind gust and kills a worker. The crane had established criteria for operating in wind. The wind gusted up. Who did they sue? The site owner? The general contractor? The engineers who made the call to set the panel? The crane operator? No, they sued the company that built the crane because they had the deepest pockets.....or most insurance.

Latest resources

Back