• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Breathing new live into my 2000 Dutch Star

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
With all the work that you have had to deal with, I hope that you bought this unit at the right price.
I think I got it at a very good price. And really, the only thing "wrong" with it has been the roof. The rest is my changing things to the way I want it.

I've done this several times, with cars, Jeeps, RV's, houses, you name it! Sometimes it wasn't about money, it was because I enjoyed the transformation that was taking place and the product that I eventually ended up with. Most of it I enjoyed very much.
Exactly!

I think I got it at a very good price. And really, the only thing "wrong" with it has been the roof. The rest is my changing things to the way I want it.
I understand. When I bought mine, the roof seams looked pretty rough but showed no leaks to the interior. I'm like you, I hate lap sealant. After more than a few hours it was gone with the help of a heat gun and a heavy scraper. Fortunately the roof was entirely fiberglass and with a few rolls of eternabond, now I can relax. I've owned it a year now and have about everything covered with the exception of the lift pump issue. 60k on the clock and no problems yet so now is the time to get-r-done :).

I picked up 4 of these "well used" wheels for $400.00. Spent another $100.00 on buffing wheels/materials.
About 4 hours later, this is how the 1st one looks now. Never done this before, but am pretty happy with the results.
1697813021749.png

Last edited:
Looks good - Im thinking about some slightly scuffed but otherwise nice alloy rims for my truck but they’d need some similar work - what materials are you using?IMG_2660.jpegIMG_2658.jpeg

I picked up 4 of these "well used" wheels for $400.00. Spent another $100.00 on buffing wheels/materials.
About 4 hours later, this is how the 1st one looks now. Never done this before, but am pretty happy with the results.
View attachment 21298
That looks great!

Do you clean the Bead seal area to avoid leaks as well?

It’s in good shape, but yes I will clean it.

Latest resources

Back