Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Resolved Broken down in Breckenridge....

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
On my last trip, 7700 miles, I added a jug whenever my dash indicator read one dot low. There was always room in the tank for 2.5 gal and I was constantly adding fresh DEF.

Since mine is an earlier model with a mechanical float in the tank (2015 chassis and before) I run the risk of gunking up the slide mechanism for the float, getting false readings, and encountering DEF header codes/issues/derate.

So I keep mine full and fresh. Its another benefit of using box DEF - I always have some in stock, it only takes a couple minites to add one, and I can do it at me leisure, usually in a CG. But I also get 300 mpg on DEF. If it was 100mpg, as with an ISX for instance, I‘d probably approach it differently. Also if I had a solid state DEF header.

No...but I will tomorrow. Amazon has flexible return so if you guys want to wait until I have tested I will report back.
Update:
I spoke with the MFG and they did assure me it was compatible with 2022 cummins ISX-15, so that is the best info I have for now.
New thread for these tools:

Short answer---it does *NOT* work.

Hi Neal: Glad you got this sorted out and are back on the road.
HH

@redbaron @Rich W. @Neal @J&JD .... I have been trying to follow all the different threads on this subject. Has anybody ever determined the best tester to order that can do a forced regen?

FLSteve :unsure:
That is what the thread below is about and it's still in progress, nothing standing out as what to get yet.

I have a 2014 Spartan. When you say yours does it all the time does it do it automatically? I am really confused on this issue. Thinking of getting a Nexlink scanner that the Red Baron suggested but don't know if that will work.
Yes, my coach does regens automatically, how often I can not say I never kept notes on it but if I'm on a 3 month trip moving around every week I bet I see 3 or 4 regens. It might be less if I run in 5 gear. Spartan recommends that to get the temp up when running down the highway at 65MPH. In 6 gear I'm at about 1,700 RPM and 5 gear about 1,900+. I did get the Nexlink tool so I will try that and see if the code goes away.

Got me thinking: in all these years I have never noticed my coach do a regeneration?
Just got the NexLink Plus, and will try to force it to regenerate one day.
BTW there are few videos on YouTube people successfully use the NexLink to force regeneration. There are some “tricks” to do it right.

Got me thinking: in all these years I have never noticed my coach do a regeneration?
We’ve only had our coach for 2 years (full timers) but have never noticed a regen.

As an analyst I like to learn and understand differences, despite having a button on our dash for “Regen” I find this topic interesting to follow. Wondering why the manufacturer of the coach didn’t add a button for this common function as it seems easy and cheap to do. If you have the white/red jumper under the dash, is anyone aware of anyone doing a mod to add a button for it on the dash?

Freightliner chassis’s do a passive regen without any indication where as Spartan gives a message for DPF regen regularly. I think mine occurs every 1500 miles depending on driving conditions.

To pile on NWIP’s post, I have seen evidence of a regen only once in 18K miles. I had a High Exhaust Temp light on my dash when I was in slow traffic. Other than that, nada.

Latest resources

Back