• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Building a Small RV Park - Year 2

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
lol, thank you but don't be too impressed, it's a kit. Just have to follow the pictures. Only hitch was a few of the pictures were not in their correct sequence and I had a little "disassembly/reassembly" to do. :( But all in all, it hasn't been to bad.

I think it's going to be a great addition to the pavilion. I've been to plenty of parks where the pavilions are mostly unused. But we've designed this one to be a great place for everyone to group, cook some steaks, play some music/watch the game, all while having the ambiance/warmth of a fire.

Site 8, which is one of my premier sites, has a private walkway that goes from the site over to the pavilion. (see pic below)

View attachment 11686

Site #7, by default and by luck of location, will also have a direct walkway to the pavilion. The other sites will access the pavilion by a (soon to be installed) walkway that starts on Main Street and leads you up a pathway to said pavilion.

Of course, if you have a golf cart, you can take a side road that will take you right up to where you want to be. I'm working on getting a "campground golf cart" that will be available to visitors for hauling firewood back to their sites, or to use to cart on up to the pavilion.

Everyone else can use the Deer Springs helicopter and be dropped off at the entrance of the pavilion. Supplementary charges may apply . . .
Helicopters would be pretty inefficient. Consider zip lines or perhaps an aerial trolley or ski lift system

Ooooh, I definitely see a zip line coming to a Deer Springs near you!

Adding myself to this thread. Would love to visit sometime. My only concern is lack of cell phone coverage...as I have a son who has had seizures. But will definitely keep this mind.
Would be good for a RV Forums get together location...

Curious, when will the Western States location of Deer Springs Rv be opening up?

Adding myself to this thread. Would love to visit sometime. My only concern is lack of cell phone coverage...as I have a son who has had seizures. But will definitely keep this mind.
Would be good for a RV Forums get together location...
I understand. Believe me, if it were in my power to make Verizon service the area, it would be done by now. But these are commercial services that are not influenced by a small group of people like us who live in the area.

There is no monetary benefit for them to service the people who are already paying them monthly fees. The only thing that bringing cell service to the area would do, is to provide service to those of us who are, and have been, paying them for the last 30 years. And we're already paying these fees without them making any further efforts. So in the mind of corporate Verizon, there is no reason to do so.

Thanks Jim. I completely understand. It’s the price to pay for peace and quiet…and for ”getting away from it all”.

Would an cellular booster (weboost) help? Or is there really NO service?

And coming from the Charlotte area, would the best route be 74 to 64?

Would an cellular booster (weboost) help? Or is there really NO service?
There is -0- service. None. :-(

I've been working with Balsam West for the last several weeks, and there is a relatively good chance that they can run fiber to my campground. The price is yet to be determined. But if I go this route, it's going to be expensive, and sometimes the spreadsheet just doesn't allow any further expansion.

So we'll see. But with only 8 sites, there is hardly enough profit to justify what we have done so far, let alone the expense of adding a service that will (by itself) eat up the next several years profit.

The only reason this park has become what it is today, is that Trish and I enjoy the the lifestyle and people that we meet, and that we're fluid enough to spend stupid money on stuff that doesn't ordinarily make sense. lol :) But if you make it here and you meet us, you'll understand the kind of people that we are.

Anyhow, I didn't quite get finished on the pavilion fireplace today, but I got close. And if anyone doubts my mathematical abilities, check out the tolerances between the chimney and the edge of the pavilion roofline. lol.

Or.... maybe I just got lucky? :)

DSCN7793.JPG

DSCN7808.JPG

DSCN7799.JPG

DSCN7792.JPG

Attachments

• DSCN7784.JPG
    DSCN7784.JPG
    292.2 KB · Views: 5

Latest resources

Back