Building a small RV park.

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Lookin' good Jim!

Ah...have not heard that one. Thanks SO much. I'm going to be cutting 10 footers down to 8 soon and that will be much appreciated. Now (sorry), one more question...do you use a rough cut or finishing blade backwards?

Wonderful work...how are you cutting the roof panels (angles). I've used metal blades in skill saws, grinders, and even snips...none of them are easy peasy. Have any advice for an old guy?
@Kevin D Pem nailed it, hire someone! I'm paying a guy $400 for each roof. Absolutely no way I'm getting involved with them. Hard enough if they're just regular roofs, but these things, no way!

I spent a couple of summers doing roofs as a church project for low income and underserved communities. Learned two things about roofing work:

1. It’s relatively easy mental work once you get into the groove of it
2. It’s relatively backbreaking work no matter how long you’ve been doing it

if you can afford to, hire it out. Not because it’s hard to do, but because it’s hard to do.

What a day, lots more trenching for power, water, and drain lines. Got the service boxes installed, got the wires into the ditches and over to each site, got two of the pedestals installed, and got a good start on the plumbing that goes from the sites to the septic tanks. Got an electrical inspection tomorrow and hopefully I can start covering up some of these trenches.

The last two pictures show the sewer lines that your stinky-slinky will connect to. They're very tall right now but they will get cut down to grade level when the time comes. There are two connections at each site. One is about 15 feet from the rear of a 45' Class A motor home, the other is 12 feet away, going toward the front of the motor home. I think this will cover the needs of just about everyone, regardless of what length or type of RV they have.

Time for a brewski. :)

DSCN3463.JPG

DSCN3464.JPG

DSCN3478.JPG

DSCN3475.JPG

DSCN3467.JPG

DSCN3469.JPG

We worked on the gazebo at Site #1 today. It sits high on one side due to the slope of the land, so it needed a railing to meet code. It's a different color because it's pressure treated wood, but it will be the same color as the rest of the gazebo when it's stained. This is a really nice spot beside a 100 year old Oak Tree, with lots of room to walk around, play games or even throw a frisbee. You don't get this kind of site at the usual RV Park!

We also heard from the 911 people and they decided that we don't need a street name after all. (bummer, I was kind of liking the idea of Deer Springs Rd.) Anyhow, our official address is:

Deer Springs RV Park
8301 West Old Murphy Road
Franklin, NC 28734

DSCN3487.JPG

DSCN3494.JPG

DSCN3495.JPG

DSCN3496.JPG

DSCN3498.JPG

Last edited:
Jim

You guys are doing such a great job. It been fun to see the progress. Thanks for sharing!! I am really hoping to be able to get there later this year.

Jim

You guys are doing such a great job. It been fun to see the progress. Thanks for sharing!! I am really hoping to be able to get there later this year.
Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back