Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Can Newmar ever return to the quality of the Miller era?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
You caught me, guilty as charged. I was hoping to get the value of my 2017 Ventana up a couple hundred thousand dollars.

The only thing I will address seriously is in my opinion you're hearing from some of us older model Newmar coaches owners with coaches were built before covid and the buyout by WGO. I can't speak to the quality being built by WGO but I can speak to the Miller quality. Customer service pre-WGO was amazing. Today, it has taken days to get a returned phone call or a response to an email. I never had that experience before.

I love my Newmar.

You caught me, guilty as charged. I was hoping to get the value of my 2017 Ventana up a couple hundred thousand dollars.

The only thing I will address seriously is in my opinion you're hearing from some of us older model Newmar coaches owners with coaches were built before covid and the buyout by WGO. I can't speak to the quality being built by WGO but I can speak to the Miller quality. Customer service pre-WGO was amazing. Today, it has taken days to get a returned phone call or a response to an email. I never had that experience before.

I love my Newmar.
Well, I am not sure why you do not get a call back but I have received calls back within 4 business hours on 4 occasions. I have also received calls back about questions on new rvs. Why would you need to call so often with a 2017 coach? Booking service?

So you must be the reason I dont get a call back, you're always talking to them. Lol. Because it's a 17.

Man...you're a tuff audience. I think I'll go wash my truck or cut my toenails. Have fun.

So you must be the reason I dont get a call back, you're always talking to them. Lol. Because it's a 17.

Man...you're a tuff audience. I think I'll go wash my truck or cut my toenails. Have fun.
You know, I would not mind if you washed my car and I will call Newmar and get them on the horn for you!:p Have fun!

I think there are more than two possibilities and I don’t see an agenda here. Just my .02 worth…
Cheers!

We are almost 7k miles in with our 2024 DS 4369 and so far we have had nothing major raise its hear.. and we all know how much Louisiana roads shake and rattle these coaches lol
It seems like 2024 is past the Covid Nightmare, love the paint colors

I feel qualified to address the covid coach issue, having picked up my DS in Apr ‘21.

Ive put over 30K miles on it and with the exception of my FWS failure last Nov, it’s been virtually flawless. Right or wrong, I attribute much of my happiness with this coach to my outstanding tech who prepped it for FPU.

On a scale of 1 to 10, I’d rate my anal retention a solid 6. Perhaps if I were more persnickety, I’d find more to complain about. Maybe not.

At any rate, I love my coach and the experiences I’ve had at the service center since purchasing it.

I feel blessed beyond words to be living in the times we live. Our founding fathers’ minds would be blown to see how we live and the things that upset us.

I feel qualified to address the covid coach issue, having picked up my DS in Apr ‘21.

Ive put over 30K miles on it and with the exception of my FWS failure last Nov, it’s been virtually flawless. Right or wrong, I attribute much of my happiness with this coach to my outstanding tech who prepped it for FPU.

On a scale of 1 to 10, I’d rate my anal retention a solid 6. Perhaps if I were more persnickety, I’d find more to complain about. Maybe not.

At any rate, I love my coach and the experiences I’ve had at the service center since purchasing it.

I feel blessed beyond words to be living in the times we live. Our founding fathers’ minds would be blown to see how we live and the things that upset us.
Thank you for your account and I’m truly happy for your positive experience esp after 30k driven. I’m curious about your FWS failure, did one side of the room get stuck out? I ask because mine had failed and recently I have been helping another member with his.

QUALITY of the PRODUCT?
QUALITY of the SERVICE?

I believe the quality of the product will improve due to a slower rate of production. And from a greater demand by the customer! The ridiculous prices are causing the buyer to be more particular! They are demanding the quality or they won't spend their money!

The quality of the service is and was excellent. Meaning the services performed at the Service Center! Hopefully, as the older "master" techs retire, they are passing on the high quality of service performed.
Service regards the "free stuff", out of warranty stuff, and broken stuff has diminished, which is upsetting to some folks! I believe that is a "corporate" crackdown on spending. And sadly, quite a bit of the "stuff" that breaks isn't Newmar's fault, though they installed it.

Will it ever go back to "Miller time"? Doubtful, but even "Miller Time" had folks that were less than happy with things breaking, etc. Go back and research this & other forums from years past.

And "planned obsolescence" seems to be what happens in almost anything & everything we buy today! Credit the Chinese with this economic philosophy. But WE pay the price to buy, replace, buy replace, & its a vicious cycle!

My ".02" cents! :unsure:

I’m curious about your FWS failure, did one side of the room get stuck out?
One of the lifting cylinders failed. We had to replace that, and I’m headed back to Napannee next month to have a couple of stretched chains replaced.

Latest resources

Back