Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Can Newmar ever return to the quality of the Miller era?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
QUALITY of the PRODUCT?
QUALITY of the SERVICE?

I believe the quality of the product will improve due to a slower rate of production. And from a greater demand by the customer! The ridiculous prices are causing the buyer to be more particular! They are demanding the quality or they won't spend their money!

Will it ever go back to "Miller time"? Doubtful, but even "Miller Time" had folks that were less than happy with things breaking, etc. Go back and research this & other forums from years past.

My ".02" cents! :unsure:
Absolutely agree, my 2018 wasn’t without issue, most were interior cosmetics, the paint was flawless

I don't know what the future will hold for Newmar and I have had my fair share of issues with my 2018 DS and 2022 LA, but the one thing I've always been able to count on is the Service Center in Nappanee to make things right.

I will admit that I am personally a little tired of the Newmar bashing and the lamenting of days gone by; however, this is a place for sharing personal experiences. I encourage everyone to participate. These contributions are invaluable and one of the things I love about RVF that makes it different from other forums is the tolerance, kindness and care the members use to express themselves here.

We have been full time in our 22 Superstar since we picked it up Dec of 22.

List of issues got fixed last year at the factory and added a few more to the list for a trip this year before the year was up.

All of them have been minor and nothing has kept us from using the coach.

May be considered “covid coach” but we haven’t seen it from our experience with it.

We have been full time in our 22 Superstar since we picked it up Dec of 22.

List of issues got fixed last year at the factory and added a few more to the list for a trip this year before the year was up.

All of them have been minor and nothing has kept us from using the coach.

May be considered “covid coach” but we haven’t seen it from our experience with it
Not related to the topic , did you have a class A prior to your Superstar? If so what are the major differences you have noticed. I have always been intrigued with them

Not related to the topic , did you have a class A prior to your Superstar? If so what are the major differences you have noticed. I have always been intrigued with them
Great question, Stuart. I've also been intrigued but once I sat in the driver's seat and lost the panoramic view from my class A, the intrigue left rather quickly.

Maybe DennisT will start another thread - Why I bought my Super C.

I'm with ARD on this. The service center and service in general has always been attentive, skilled and resolve any issue. Call backs are never an issue, always return calls for me.
Nappanee folks have treated me very well.

Dealers are what dealers are, has little to do with the brand. Can the build be better, always room for improvement. That said these machines are complicated and can be very frustrating and annoying. That does bleed over into the interactions with people at times.

The challenges that I am working on have nothing to do with the build other than the lift door slow closing. But we will get that figured out on my next visit.

Actually had a Forest River Forester 32 foot class c before this.

So as not get this one off track I’ll start another thread for why we went the way we did.

So as not get this one off track I’ll start another thread for why we went the way we did.
Looking forward to it

Thanks for starting another thread.

Service regards the "free stuff", out of warranty stuff, and broken stuff has diminished, which is upsetting to some folks! I believe that is a "corporate" crackdown on spending. And sadly, quite a bit of the "stuff" that breaks isn't Newmar's fault, though they installed it.
I think we all realize the complexity of these things (way too much complexity, if you ask me) and that stuff will happen in and after the build. But with only one year for a warranty - which is effectively six months or less in north country - it is the little extras and mercy with the out of warranty and broken stuff that makes for customer loyalty. How much profit does any company make on one of these things, compared to the actual cost of a courtesy repair? How much do they lose when a customer, decides to spend $250,000 to $1,000,000 or more elsewhere. Of course he tells 30 other people, as well.

Don’t get me wrong, I am a Newmar fan, and advocate. I have been treated very well at the service center, and the center was one of the main reasons I bought a Newmar.

Btw, despite the horror stories I heard about the manufacturer of my previous coach, the essentially rebuilt the coach in year three (two years out of warranty, fir a devastating manufacturing error. It took that look to discover the root of the problem. They did an excellent job and threw in extras which I never asked for or could have expected to receive. The manager of that warranty dept. knew how to make customer happy. I would not be surprised if my broadcasting of my experience sold a unit or two., as my Newmar stories likely help to sell Newmars.

I understand the plight of the bean counters at big corporations. However, Winnebago should understand why people buy Newmars and not Winnebagos. Management needs to really study and learn from the Miller model. Do they want many one time customers or maintain customers through several coaches for life.

Unfortunately public corporations are answerable to shareholders who could care less about quality or the customer -only the trajectory of the stock. So it is a matter of philosophy and goals. Does Newmar want to continue the Miller legacy and improve the reputation of Winnebago, simply milk the Newmar name for every penny they can get out of it.

I really like my Newmar. I am glad I got it when I did. I really hope Newmar will win my vote for the next one. Yes it is a COVID coach - came off the line in the heat of the shut downs.

FOCUS ON QUALITY AND THE PROFITS WILL COME. The mediocre are destined to continually hunt for new customers.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back