Forest River
RV Model
Wildcat Fifth-wheel
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
2019 Ford F-250.
Fulltimer
Yes
I move Parks every 2 - 3 weeks. I have gotten into the habit of stowing the flags, yard art, dumping all tanks and packing away everything except electricity the afternoon prior to travel. That way I am on the road by 9:30. When we started out I would wait until the travel morning to pack everything. We would be on the road by 10:30 but I always felt like I had already done a full days work.

I can unpack and be in a chair with a cold beverage in less than an hour but packing takes flushing black tank and several other time consuming things.

How do you do it?

I move Parks every 2 - 3 weeks. I have gotten into the habit of stowing the flags, yard art, dumping all tanks and packing away everything except electricity the afternoon prior to travel. That way I am on the road by 9:30. When we started out I would wait until the travel morning to pack everything. We would be on the road by 10:30 but I always felt like I had already done a full days work.

I can unpack and be in a chair with a cold beverage in less than an hour but packing takes flushing black tank and several other time consuming things.

How do you do it?
Well I do exactly what you do. I can pack calmly and unrushed which makes the next day's travel much more relaxed as well. I can't think of a better way,

Darrell

Ditto, getting ready to travel the day before makes pulling out much less stressful on travel day, and I dont miss things like I did when trying to pack and get on the road at the same time. Only takes a couple "oops" situations to make you re-evaluate your travel day procedures.

Everything gets stowed the day before. If space permits, I'll hook up the Jeep too. The next morning, we'll have a leisurely breakfast, bring the slides in and go.

I pack by not unpacking, or returning things to their place after use! At least that is what I do when moving every two weeks! Half hour, I'm ready to go!!!

We do not FT but I put away all I can the day before. Leaving only water, sewer and power the morning before leaving.

I put out what I need, a chair. As for the coach, I unhook all but electric the night before, check all the cabinets to make certain they are latched. If I plan to leave before 7 am the next day. I start the coach and air up and retract the jacks. Next morning, slides in, unplug, start and go.
I find it bizarre when folks show up at 4 pm. Put out rugs, chairs, awning lights , table clothes etc and by 8 am the next morning, pack it all up and leave

Last edited:
WE pack up all the outdoor stuff the night before we leave. In the morning all we have to do outside is stow the steps, hook up the toad and we are ready to go. We dump tanks as we leave the park.

I don't leave anything out at night. Lawn chairs and barbecue are the only things we have out so I stow them before we turn in for the night.

Latest resources

Back