• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Fogged window (aft of entry door)

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
My suggestion if you're going to reposition a wiper arm while removed take a stiff wire brush and remove any residue material inside the splines. This will allow the splines to make new groves otherwise it will be a slick surface.

@Neal , did he just retorque or also reposition that wiper? Newmar has me scheduled to replace both wipers for about $450. I’m not completely clear on whether or not they can be repositioned.
He said he would not remove/reposition them but would re-torque them. I would do whatever you need to do yourself, I see no reason to be paying for it to be done or replaced. If you want to remove and reposition then go for it. Check torque every period of time you feel comfortable with.

Speaking of torque, I was going to check my slide motor bolts but I can't find my torque cheat sheet.

@Neemer - I see you deleted your post about your fogged window. Looks like I just got one :(

I'm headed to Newmar but wonder if go for a replacement or find a repair option? Suggestions?

View attachment 21296
Depending where your at...those windows can be taken out seperated and cleaned. $200 a window in Fla. I had 3 cleaned a couple weeks ago. A friend had every window in their DS done. Its the hard seals that fail from window company. New soft seals a flexible, you'll never have that fog look again.

Thank you for the link, this may be an option, the fogging is clearing rapidly in the sun, have to monitor it to see if it needs attention now vs. later.
RV Glass Specialty from Lakeland will come to you to clean the fog out. I'm going to get the butyl tape and try it myself. Take out and separate the glass panes. Butyl tape stay soft, never fog again.

I'm having the same issue with the same window plus the long skinny one about the drivers window. The only guy I found so far that would do the repair is Suncoast Design. They won't guarantee the glass won't break when they pull the window apart. Its another cost for the new glass and 2-4 weeks to get the new glass if needed. Newmar wants about the same money for a new window plus installation. I'm going to wait until I can't stand the fogging and take the hit on new windows. PM me if you want more detail.
If your in FL or S Carolina RV Glass Masters can do that repair. I seen them change a windshield and clean fogged windows. Did great job. On site service 863-777-0753
Another RV Specialty Glass they changed my windshield and several fogged windows.
863-812-4354 Lakeland FL.
Chances are you buy a new window, you'll have fogging in 5-7 yrs. The seals they use are a hard rubber that separates after time, window twisting.

Latest resources

Back