• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Fogged window (aft of entry door)

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
I just ate one of Elli's cookies for lunch, groceries are impacted. Disgusting!
So now Elli’s taking a hit. How low can you go?

@Neal FWIW I had Suncoast Designers repair a couple windows on my Ventana about 3 years ago. Have since sold the coach but the workmanship was fine. They have some sites with electric hookups. They had a online cost estimator that was pretty close to actual in my case. So based on my experience from some time ago I would recommend. If you are heading to Florida Darren Thomas Glass in Sebring would be another option. I have no experience with them so cannot offer an opinion. They replace the double pain with laminated glass so no chance of fogging in the future but perhaps there is some loss of insulating properties.

It looks like I have a second window fogging, I've seen this one before then called off the alert as it appeared it just needed to be cleaned. I'll clean it again but I think this window is shot. This is the lower opening windows of the dinette large window. I have a hunch Newmar can't replace just one of the smaller ones. I'll reach out to the above referenced contact and see what they have to offer for a fix as I'm hoping to head south for the winter anyway.

IMG_5422.JPG

Neal:
I was told by Newmar CS that the operable windows are covered by the recall but the fixed windows are not. My small 1/2 bath vent was replaced at no charge and I installed it in about an hour. The vents can be replaced without replacing the whole window.

Neal:
I was told by Newmar CS that the operable windows are covered by the recall but the fixed windows are not. My small 1/2 bath vent was replaced at no charge and I installed it in about an hour. The vents can be replaced without replacing the whole window.
Thank you. I wonder if 2017's are covered under the recall?

I wrote in to Newmar's service estimates on Oct 20th and had not heard anything back regarding my fogged windows which was odd. This morning I went to my group leader and inquired with him and things immediately got rolling so I got estimates for repair. The window aft of the entry was in stock and about 500-600 to install, it was also the worst, so that is now replaced. The dinette window will need a complete replacement at some point as not only is the vent window going bad but also now the forward area of the main window, although as with both it has to be the perfect weather conditions to fog, 95% of the time it won't be an issue. If I go to Florida this winter I may see about the suggested option but Newmar's quote for the large dinette window is approx $1600 which I'm fine with, it's a big window. But again, not in stock and not critical so next time I come to Newmar, if not fixed by 3rd party prior, I'll get it taken care of.

Ohh, side note. Duncan did my last windshield replacement in Elkhart and I had a droopy wiper arm like @Neemer so I asked my tech to retorque them (70 ft-lbs). He said they were loose, obviously Duncan did not torque them properly which is a two torque process separated by 30 minutes (tech today said an hour). Maybe they did and this is a recurring maintenance check maybe every other year or annually to hit your wiper arms with a torque wrench??

@Neal , did he just retorque or also reposition that wiper? Newmar has me scheduled to replace both wipers for about $450. I’m not completely clear on whether or not they can be repositioned.

I wrote in to Newmar's service estimates on Oct 20th and had not heard anything back regarding my fogged windows which was odd. This morning I went to my group leader and inquired with him and things immediately got rolling so I got estimates for repair. The window aft of the entry was in stock and about 500-600 to install, it was also the worst, so that is now replaced. The dinette window will need a complete replacement at some point as not only is the vent window going bad but also now the forward area of the main window, although as with both it has to be the perfect weather conditions to fog, 95% of the time it won't be an issue. If I go to Florida this winter I may see about the suggested option but Newmar's quote for the large dinette window is approx $1600 which I'm fine with, it's a big window. But again, not in stock and not critical so next time I come to Newmar, if not fixed by 3rd party prior, I'll get it taken care of.

Ohh, side note. Duncan did my last windshield replacement in Elkhart and I had a droopy wiper arm like @Neemer so I asked my tech to retorque them (70 ft-lbs). He said they were loose, obviously Duncan did not torque them properly which is a two torque process separated by 30 minutes (tech today said an hour). Maybe they did and this is a recurring maintenance check maybe every other year or annually to hit your wiper arms with a torque wrench??
I’ve been retorque mine every 6 months or so and they always need a bit of tightening.

I’ve been retorque mine every 6 months or so and they always need a bit of tightening.
Its a tapered soft aluminum hole going on a tapered and splined grade 8 post, so its just smush fit (technical term) and it makes sense that they would loosen up over time, although I haven't torqued mine in a couple years.

Edit: Just re-torqued mine and they were a bit loose.

@Neal , did he just retorque or also reposition that wiper? Newmar has me scheduled to replace both wipers for about $450. I’m not completely clear on whether or not they can be repositioned.
My feeling (and experience) is that they can be re-used but being a safety item, Newmar probably requires replacement. Last time I checked the arms were around $130 but its been a couple years.

Latest resources

Back