Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
@Neemer - I see you deleted your post about your fogged window. Looks like I just got one :(

I'm headed to Newmar but wonder if go for a replacement or find a repair option? Suggestions?

IMG_5416.JPG

I contacted Newmar to have it added to my work order (headed there a week or so after you). Their reply was they would add it at no cost as a one-time gesture of goodwill.

There’s a place a little north of Tampa that does a good job of repairing them too by all accounts. https://suncoastdesigners.com/

Yeah, I’m hoping to head to Florida for winter but new house batteries may preclude that. Sometimes just getting it done is best. We’ll see when the estimate arrives. Guessing $1500. It’s just plastic and is already on the verge of melting.

There’s a place a little north of Tampa that does a good job of repairing them too by all accounts. https://suncoastdesigners.com/
Thank you for the link, this may be an option, the fogging is clearing rapidly in the sun, have to monitor it to see if it needs attention now vs. later.

Yeah, I’m hoping to head to Florida for winter but new house batteries may preclude that. Sometimes just getting it done is best. We’ll see when the estimate arrives. Guessing $1500. It’s just plastic and is already on the verge of melting.
Don't you have an appt on 11/15 in DC for Rettrobands?

Don't you have an appt on 11/15 in DC for Rettrobands?
Yes! Heading to Newmar Hoots in Hilton Head and @GlampDaddy has connections so I have a site at a train station that will rotate me pointed North so I head the right way when I leave - to Newmar for service starting Nov 6th. Then I go from Newmar to NIRVC "Washington, DC" and then back home to recuperate from RV repairs.

With your spending habits changing to new tires, retrobands, batteries, fogged windows, and summer loop pump issues, Amazon stock may take a nosedive next week.

I just ate one of Elli's cookies for lunch, groceries are impacted. Disgusting!

Poor Elli. ☹️

I'm having the same issue with the same window plus the long skinny one about the drivers window. The only guy I found so far that would do the repair is Suncoast Design. They won't guarantee the glass won't break when they pull the window apart. Its another cost for the new glass and 2-4 weeks to get the new glass if needed. Newmar wants about the same money for a new window plus installation. I'm going to wait until I can't stand the fogging and take the hit on new windows. PM me if you want more detail.

Latest resources

Back