Chassis
Prevost
Engine
Volvo D13
TOW/TOAD
2023 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Fulltimer
No
Well today it happened. I was in a level fairly spot aired up and the FW slide came in but when I did a walk around i noticed the back side of the FW slide sticking out noticeably so it must have gotten twisted slightly coming in. Rather than run it back out, I left it as is but what is the fix for it? I am thinking I should take it to a Newmar Service Center of which either one (that I would go to) are about 8 hours away in either direction.

I would try running the slide back out, releveling the coach and bringing the slide back in. Sometimes things get a little out of alignment and re-doing the procedure squares everything back up.

TJ

There is a manual resync method for the full wall slide. The 2 motors get out of sync.

If the full extension and retraction doesn't fix it, you will need to resync the motors. Post back once you have tried the extension. I will find the sync process

FWIW-According to the manual for my coach. I make sure engine has put coach at ride height, turn off engine. Make sure the coach is plugged into shore power or the genset is running-IN EVERY CASE FOR SLIDE OPERATION. Then extend slides, I do FWS, then Bedroom and come back for Living Room one. Once slides are extended, I then turn key to acc position, and level the coach. But, since I have equalizer system, it immediately starts to lower jacks long before all the air is released from the suspension, so the coach ends up real high in the air. So, I push the auto level button, then when air starts to dump, I push the power button, this allows all the air to escape, but does not start to extend the jacks. Once air is out, I level coach manually, using a bubble level in the center of the coach as close to middle as I can get it. After several hours, I recheck the level, as the fluid has cooled, and the level might have changed some, so I do it again if needed, adjusting the "pair of jacks" as needed to raise/lower side or front. You are supposed to lower jacks in pairs and it's also supposed to be front or rear pairs, not left or right side pairs. I had Mothership check system at last visit, it's working as it's designed. I can tell you, HWH system in other MH, was vastly superior to the Equalizer system, larger diameter jacks. Those were rated at 14,000 lbs. each. In the Ventana, the fronts are one size and the rears are another size. It took me a while to get this worked out with a friends help who owns same model as we do.

Follow up to this suggestion from @TJ&LadyDi. I went out tonight and pulled the coach out of storage and ran the slide out and back in and it came back in fine. Obviously fully aired up with the genset on.

I was wondering if we should put the document that @redbaron found on adjusting the slide timing in a different area to make it easy for others to find.

Latest resources

Back