• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Here We Go With Higher Diesel Prices

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Get ready to not go anywhere! As I hear it we will see the power problem China is having this coming winter, and that smart meter won't let you charge An EV when power is being rationed so I have been told.

Think we’ll be Okay. We live in BC and our meter has no way of limiting current. :).

Get ready to not go anywhere! As I hear it we will see the power problem China is having this coming winter, and that smart meter won't let you charge An EV when power is being rationed so I have been told.
The AMOUNT of charge you can take from the grid can also be regulated during the "brown outs" which are only a direct result of bad energy policy. The use mileage can also be more easily tracked for taxing purposes. The future being electric vehicles with more government oversight, sold as a cure to government manipulated artificially high oil prices and fake environmental issues. They discussion never turns to how much fossil fuel it takes to feed the power grid that charges these electrical machines or how to dispose of all the lithium they conjure up to build the batteries that have about a 5-6 year lifespan. The cures they create are always worse that the problem they created to solve..... Lets not even get into the cost of a windmill/ solar farm being higher than the amount of energy ever gained or the government (taxpayer paid IE: you and me) tax credit per vehicle so these electric cars can be obtainable from an price point. I also don't want to get into my theory of how my 1996 7.3L diesel got 22mpg and couldn't possibly be more noxious than my current 6.8L diesel getting 14mpg or I might get a headache.

That's good, Smart meters are a bad thing!!!

What we have is a smart meter, but the BC hydro smart meters don’t have the ability to limit use. They can do some pretty good analytics of your usage though. For sure our usage is lower as a result of paying attention to the information the smart meter provides.

The AMOUNT of charge you can take from the grid can also be regulated during the "brown outs" which are only a direct result of bad energy policy. The use mileage can also be more easily tracked for taxing purposes. The future being electric vehicles with more government oversight, sold as a cure to government manipulated artificially high oil prices and fake environmental issues. They discussion never turns to how much fossil fuel it takes to feed the power grid that charges these electrical machines or how to dispose of all the lithium they conjure up to build the batteries that have about a 5-6 year lifespan. The cures they create are always worse that the problem they created to solve..... Lets not even get into the cost of a windmill/ solar farm being higher than the amount of energy ever gained or the government (taxpayer paid IE: you and me) tax credit per vehicle so these electric cars can be obtainable from an price point. I also don't want to get into my theory of how my 1996 7.3L diesel got 22mpg and couldn't possibly be more noxious than my current 6.8L diesel getting 14mpg or I might get a headache.

Well, typical battery life of a modern EV us expected to be north of 500,000 kilometres And that takes most people more than “5 or 6 years”. All the cab companies around here switched to EV’s a few years ago and they are already into the 200,000 to 300,000 kilometre territory.

Battery’s are already being recycled from wrecked cars. This will ramp up as required. There is money in it. Lots of aluminum, nickel, copper, lithium and cobalt in those puppies.

Well, typical battery life of a modern EV us expected to be north of 500,000 kilometres And that takes most people more than “5 or 6 years”. All the cab companies around here switched to EV’s a few years ago and they are already into the 200,000 to 300,000 kilometre territory.

Battery’s are already being recycled from wrecked cars. This will ramp up as required. There is money in it. Lots of aluminum, nickel, copper, lithium and cobalt in those puppies.
"The Government of Canada offers point-of-sale incentives of $2,500 to $5,000 for consumers who buy or lease an EV."

"The province of British Columbia (B.C.) has made a provincial rebate of up to $3,000 available to help with the up-front cost of an electric vehicle, which can be combined with other federal rebates for as much as $8,000 in savings."

You are like the US, paying higher taxes to offset the sale and energy price. The higher taxes aren't calculated into the cost of operating and owning an electric car because its paid by everyone with or without an electric car. I hope you enjoy it, some of them are pretty fun to drive. Its just a trained behavior that I haven't yet been conditioned to accept.

"The Government of Canada offers point-of-sale incentives of $2,500 to $5,000 for consumers who buy or lease an EV."

"The province of British Columbia (B.C.) has made a provincial rebate of up to $3,000 available to help with the up-front cost of an electric vehicle, which can be combined with other federal rebates for as much as $8,000 in savings."

You are like the US, paying higher taxes to offset the sale and energy price. The higher taxes aren't calculated into the cost of operating and owning an electric car because its paid by everyone with or without an electric car. I hope you enjoy it, some of them are pretty fun to drive. Its just a trained behavior that I haven't yet been conditioned to accept.

Well, that tells part if the story. Our last two EV’s we have purchased get zero dollars incentive money from anyone. The incentive is for less expensive models. The most popular two EV’s sold here are the Tesla model Y and the Tesla model 3 AWD. Neither is eligible for incentives.

Very little money is spent on subsidies for electric vehicles in Canada. The vast amount of subsidies are channeled to the petroleum industry. I’m semi okay with that as it is an important national industry. I support slowly weening that away though as other less polluting technologies become available.

JMHO.

Well, that tells part if the story. Our last two EV’s we have purchased get zero dollars incentive money from anyone. The incentive is for less expensive models. The most popular two EV’s sold here are the Tesla model Y and the Tesla model 3 AWD. Neither is eligible for incentives.

Very little money is spent on subsidies for electric vehicles in Canada. The vast amount of subsidies are channeled to the petroleum industry. I’m semi okay with that as it is an important national industry. I support slowly weening that away though as other less polluting technologies become available.

JMHO.
I totally agree with the slow weening off oil it that's the way of the future And, a Ludacris launch in a Tesla S model is something everyone should experience at least one time

I totally agree with the slow weening off oil it that's the way of the future And, a Ludacris launch in a Tesla S model is something everyone should experience at least one time

Agreed. The test drive in any EV is the game changer. We are on our way into winter here, and for us our first winter in an EV was the biggest push to transition fully to EV’s. Just a whole lot nicer experience. Still not looking forward to shovelling the driveway though. ;). Wife seems to like the exercise though soooooo. :).

Attachments

• 35EACDEE-FF90-489B-A567-82B9557EFE8E.jpeg
    35EACDEE-FF90-489B-A567-82B9557EFE8E.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 11
SUPPLY and DEMAND. Period. 2 years ago the USA was energy independent. We produced enough oil for the USA and sold oil overseas that competed on the world market with OPEC. Since then, we have reversed oil exploration all over the US and stopped or slowed drilling in Anwar, the Gulf, and most Federal lands. We once again have been made to depend on OPEC for oil as we have seen the current US Government administration asking OPEC to produce more oil, which they are inclined NOT to do, so the prices rise and profit margins grow. Oil prices grew in the last year and so did the overall cost of living because of the cost of moving goods. We also canceled an oil pipeline that would have put more oil cheaper on the world market from CANADA and helped the approval of and oil pipeline in Europe that would supply oil from RUSSIA to **western** Europe rather than putting NORTH AMERICAN oil in Europe to compete with the oil and currency manipulators who act on their own behalf against us. Bad policy will continue in the name of environmentalism. When people get upset and demand different, the solution will be to tap the US Strategic oil reserves to add more to the US oil supply but that never works because theirs never enough available to change the amount of crude on the world market and because, what we don't purchase WILL be purchased in the developing world. We can only change the price of oil by drilling, refining and selling our own oil and that will not happen because of the false pretense that climate change is man made and fossil fuel use is the problem. Prices will rise, they have to, it is the agenda of curbing our lust for oil and the activities that consume it which pollutes the world. Hold on folks, no changes in domestic policy will most certainly result in continued supply issues and higher prices of oil, power, and cost of living. I am walking a tightrope here and doing my best not to be politically provocative, but facts unfortunately cannot be left out of the overall relevant equation.
I couldn't have said it better. ??

Latest resources

Back