• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Here We Go With Higher Diesel Prices

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Found my TSD card, hadn't used it since 2019. Downloaded the app and remembered my pin, card still good so I'm ready to go.
I'm seeing 20 cents off around here local, gets better on the way south.

CA offers a rebate for electric vehicles but doesn't want you to plug them in between 4:00-9:00pm. This issue will continue to be a problem as demand for electricity grows. Premium gas prices in CA are almost $5.00 per gallon. Yup, gets a little pricey filling up. Definitely NOT an inexpensive recreation ?

Last edited:
CA offers a rebate for electric vehicles but doesn't want you to plug them in between 4:00-9:00. This issue will continue to be a problem as demand for electricity grows. Premium gas prices in CA are almost $5.00 per gallon. Yup, get a little pricey filling up. Definitely NOT an inexpensive recreation ?

Most people fill up in the wee hours of the morning or at work. Ours starts charging at 2 AM and is usually done by three unless we were on a road trip the day before.

This is a typical daily usage graph of our town house. Typically 6 or 8 kWh of the total is for the car, or at least on work days. Semi retired so that is happening less often. Power is 9 cents per kWh (Canadian currency). Super cheap to run an EV. I would have to check but our lifetime average is around 6.4 km per kWh...ish.

Attachments

• 123CFF9D-3DF3-4A1E-9A5D-71C77EBF3948.jpeg
    123CFF9D-3DF3-4A1E-9A5D-71C77EBF3948.jpeg
    498.7 KB · Views: 9
About a week ago I got on the Open Roads app (TSD card) and found my diesel stops for this week. Yesterday I double checked them and on the average they all went up almost .50 per gallon! It will only be another $70 or so out of pocket this week but I suspect it will keep going up.
I'm afraid we aint seen nothing yet.

Several reports are heating oil, gasoline(and diesel) prices will continue as country opens up(thought it already mainly open?). More than one analyst predicts $100/bl on oil; heating oil has already spiked nearly 75% and, depending on winter temps, could double again. Being from Texas(oil belt area) i know the work has picked up but no where near pre-Covid days. IF you look at the trend oil/gas prices were already dropping, prior to COVID, due to Saudis-Russian stand off. Pre-Covid travel has yet to return to normal levels-which does mean the prices will rise if flights&travel return. Sadly- with the Keystone pipeline now 'defunct', several pipeline issues in N.American and the administration allowing Russias new pipeline to go forward(it came on line couple months back) we will see rising imports/prices on fuel.
Yep- kill the pipeline and drilling on federal lands then beg OPEC to increase production.

I've never had an issue with Truckers, in fact recently they've been super friendly, asking about RVing, etc. I'm not a fan of worrying about anyone else at the truck stop or being rushed forcing a mistake to be made. Get in the spot, get your fuel, pull forward if you need to go inside so as not to block a pump unless you're using it. I had an issue on my recent trip someone in a uhaul or something towing a dolly with me parked behind them waiting forever, they didn't know the etiquette to pull forward when going inside. I had enough room thankfully to hard right into the adjacent lane. Moral is, use it, you're a customer as are they, don't worry about things like this.
Blocking the pumps and walking away usually happens when I am towing. I make a point to let them know that courtesy would be pumping their gas and pulling out of the way so others can fuel.

SUPPLY and DEMAND. Period. 2 years ago the USA was energy independent. We produced enough oil for the USA and sold oil overseas that competed on the world market with OPEC. Since then, we have reversed oil exploration all over the US and stopped or slowed drilling in Anwar, the Gulf, and most Federal lands. We once again have been made to depend on OPEC for oil as we have seen the current US Government administration asking OPEC to produce more oil, which they are inclined NOT to do, so the prices rise and profit margins grow. Oil prices grew in the last year and so did the overall cost of living because of the cost of moving goods. We also canceled an oil pipeline that would have put more oil cheaper on the world market from CANADA and helped the approval of and oil pipeline in Europe that would supply oil from RUSSIA to **western** Europe rather than putting NORTH AMERICAN oil in Europe to compete with the oil and currency manipulators who act on their own behalf against us. Bad policy will continue in the name of environmentalism. When people get upset and demand different, the solution will be to tap the US Strategic oil reserves to add more to the US oil supply but that never works because theirs never enough available to change the amount of crude on the world market and because, what we don't purchase WILL be purchased in the developing world. We can only change the price of oil by drilling, refining and selling our own oil and that will not happen because of the false pretense that climate change is man made and fossil fuel use is the problem. Prices will rise, they have to, it is the agenda of curbing our lust for oil and the activities that consume it which pollutes the world. Hold on folks, no changes in domestic policy will most certainly result in continued supply issues and higher prices of oil, power, and cost of living. I am walking a tightrope here and doing my best not to be politically provocative, but facts unfortunately cannot be left out of the overall relevant equation.

Last edited:
In the last few days we fueled at 4 truck stops, 2 were Pilots and 2 were TA. I have been wearing a "Army Veterans" hat this week plus my F350 has a front plate indicating service in Viet Nam. At two different fuel stops I had truck driver's come over and thank me for my service. At another stop we backed in for lunch between commercial rigs and a young mechanic walked across from the shop to tell me when he retired he wanted to travel in an RV. At yet another fuel stop a black driver observed the back of my tee shirt ("We stand for the flag and kneel for the fallen") and told me he liked my shirt. When he walked to his rig I noticed on the side he had a mural of a flag painted and the words "Support Our Troops".

My point here is when I go into a truck stop to fuel I nod to other drivers and am generally friendly. I might be in a bit of a hurry but I never show it because they are the ones actually trying to make a living. The same on the road, I try to be considerate of them. Some are jerks but for the most part many are just working stiffs that would help in a real emergency.

Most people fill up in the wee hours of the morning or at work. Ours starts charging at 2 AM and is usually done by three unless we were on a road trip the day before.

This is a typical daily usage graph of our town house. Typically 6 or 8 kWh of the total is for the car, or at least on work days. Semi retired so that is happening less often. Power is 9 cents per kWh (Canadian currency). Super cheap to run an EV. I would have to check but our lifetime average is around 6.4 km per kWh...ish.
Get ready to not go anywhere! As I hear it we will see the power problem China is having this coming winter, and that smart meter won't let you charge An EV when power is being rationed so I have been told.

Latest resources

Back