• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Here We Go With Higher Diesel Prices

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
I read an article in NewsMax that said 1in4 CA electric car owners will not buy an electric car again because of the long charge time. it was also stated that if you figure the price of electricity and the range you're paying around $6.00 a galion. The powers that be that took away the USA's energy independence are nudging us to electric cars. To bad electric cars are just powered by coal. or natural gas and some nuke.. The sun and wind will never make cheap energy. The price is too high for those forums energy already. So when the price of natural fuels go up what do you think will happen to the price of electricity? The prices of oil is affected by all of the barrels available in the world market, since the USA isn't adding to the pool and OPEC slowing production even though the USA is begging them to produce more.(pathetic) I think your guess will be wrong unless the USA starts producing oil again. All I can say is Thanks Uncle Joe. "[removed]"
TB
I'll drink to that!

I read an article in NewsMax that said 1in4 CA electric car owners will not buy an electric car again because of the long charge time. it was also stated that if you figure the price of electricity and the range you're paying around $6.00 a galion. ............
TB
Our F350 diesel that we tow with is also our daily driver. We can afford $3.50 to $4.00 per gallon for the current diesel prices in Florida. Even if they could manufacture a 1-ton all electric truck with enough torque to tow my 20,000 pound fiver, I would hate to pay $90,000 to $120,000 for it and then find out it would still cost me $6.00 per gallon to charge the stupid thing. It would certainly be out of my price range.

Our F350 diesel that we tow with is also our daily driver. We can afford $3.50 to $4.00 per gallon for the current diesel prices in Florida. Even if they could manufacture a 1-ton all electric truck with enough torque to tow my 20,000 pound fiver, I would hate to pay $90,000 to $120,000 for it and then find out it would still cost me $6.00 per gallon to charge the stupid thing. It would certainly be out of my price range.

Again. It’s misinformation. It’s super cheap to charge an EV at home. And still cheap at a supercharger. Lots of misinformation out there.

Again. It’s misinformation. It’s super cheap to charge an EV at home. And still cheap at a supercharger. Lots of misinformation out there.
Just wait...congress is trying to sneak in a per mile fee. Might not happen now, but will soon. Evs will be the only ones assessed, as ice already pay the fee.

There is one truth....the old saying "no such thing as a free lunch"

Texas let the truth about green out of the bag last winter. You can forget about it if you want.
Oh forget it!!!!

Texas let the truth about green out of the bag last winter. You can forget about it if you want.
Oh forget it!!!!
We are being told to expect a repeat.

Just wait...congress is trying to sneak in a per mile fee. Might not happen now, but will soon. Evs will be the only ones assessed, as ice already pay the fee.

There is one truth....the old saying "no such thing as a free lunch"

Yah, no idea what it is like there. Where we are it is supercheap to drive electric. Although, I thought I read somewhere that power was cheap in Texas. Really no idea.

Yah, no idea what it is like there. Where we are it is supercheap to drive electric. Although, I thought I read somewhere that power was cheap in Texas. Really no idea.
Issue for me is my daily round trip us a little over 240 miles. Then I am home and may want to go out to eat, which is another 75 mile round trip.

If I have to do any extra shopping, a daily round trip would easily be 350 miles.

I only do this a few days a week, but Texas is so spread out and limited charging except in the major cities, which I rarely visit.

Places like Chicago where my daughter lives, electric is ideal.

We are being told to expect a repeat.
Yah this just showed up on my phone. How much more timely is that. Most of what he talks about is bull quite frankly, but at the end after the "10 ways " information, he makes some sense. Be ready to pool resources with you neighbors. Gonna be a cold winter if there is Gonna be a repeat.

Prep

Issue for me is my daily round trip us a little over 240 miles. Then I am home and may want to go out to eat, which is another 75 mile round trip.

If I have to do any extra shopping, a daily round trip would easily be 350 miles.

I only do this a few days a week, but Texas is so spread out and limited charging except in the major cities, which I rarely visit.

Places like Chicago where my daughter lives, electric is ideal.
Yah, nothing wrong with that. It depends so much on infrastructure on the routes you travel and where you live. Where we live that wouldn't be a challenge at all as infrastructure is good and more going in all the time. But yah. Everybody needs to assess there own situation. Cheers.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back