Chassis
Freightliner
Engine
Cummins 450hp
TOW/TOAD
2022 Ford F250 4X4
Fulltimer
No
We travel more for business than we do for personal preference. So I find many times we are going to major metropolitan areas in the southwest but often much smaller areas. We have found over the years staying near but outside of major cities is our preference. Our stay is usually 3-5 days and 90% is Texas or states touching it.

We use Campground Reviews, Google Maps, Passport America (usually below our standard) and Harvest Host to find places.

What do you use to find those special gems. The DW prefers amenities over price.

We have been using Big Rig Friendly RV Resorts on Facebook and have been very happy.

AllStays Pro and RV Trip Wizard.

We have been using Big Rig Friendly RV Resorts on Facebook and have been very happy.

Excellent, just asked to join.

AllStays Pro and RV Trip Wizard.
I forgot to say Allstays Pro.

Tell me more about RV Trip Wizard. or point

RV tripwizard is my primary go-to. If I’m in travel mode, I’ll look hard at Harvest Hosts.

Travel planning involves a toolbox of many tools/apps. I do think RV Trip Wizard is probably the best. I like the simplicity of AllStays Pro and I'm comfortable with it for NON trip planning and just doing CG searching. RV Trip Wizard is more designed for planning longer trips of multiple days, etc. And yes Harvest Hosts is another one I use for my overnights vs. a $70 KOA overnight. But Harvest Hosts requires more research to avoid situations like I recently had which was not a HH issue but can happen as they are not on typical Truck/RV routes. So far all of my HH stays have been great and it's a great way to stock up on the wine.

Looking at trip wizard, it might not be for me. I'm usually a destination traveler going from home to someplace within a day maybe 2 drive. It looks more to be for the traveler.

This year is dramatically different due to the frequency because of covid. We'll usually spend 130+ nights in the MH.

Recent trips,
Went from Fort Worth to San Antonio and worked one day then went to Port Aransas for 3 days (2 working 1 vacation).
Went to a small town west of Houston and worked a couple of days then across to Beaumont for the night then up to Marksville La for a week of personal time.
Going Tuesday to small town outside of Austin for about a week for the AKC Retriever National Championship.

I think you'd like AllStays Pro.

Latest resources

Back