• Commercial/Vendors welcome

I did something....

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Seems like the best video is by using a GoPro. I have 3 of those for the plane so I'll take the GoPro Hero 10 with me which I planned to do anyways as it can go on the bike, etc.

gopro-mount.png

GoPro Hero 10 takes amazing videos. Love using it for my plane to capture the flying.

Weather has cleared. Props on. Hope to fly this evening if not sooner.

Let me know when you get yours up to 86 mph :)

Weather has cleared. Props on. Hope to fly this evening if not sooner.

Let me know when you get yours up to 86 mph :)
lol, that will be a while. Focusing on staying out of the trees for the time being.

First flight complete, wasn't hard. Flies like any drone. While I did takeoff with goggles on I did not land with goggles on. When in view you can fly like any drone you may have used in the past. Flies the same. My drone pilot muscle memory instantly returned and flying was not an issue. Under goggles was nice, but range is quite limited, it's not like your typical Mavic / Phantom etc. As @Jim mentioned battery life is limited, I'd say about 10 minutes. I think this drone is a different use case than typical "photographic" experiences, this is more for thrill and some racing and more control over the drone when proficient. My drone is displaying an error about the Country Code not set and it seems from a google search some have this problem. I downloaded DJI Assistant 2 and refreshed the firmware. I'll see if this worked on the next flight.

My drone is displaying an error about the Country Code not set and it seems from a google search some have this problem. I downloaded DJI Assistant 2 and refreshed the firmware. I'll see if this worked on the next flight.
Yep, mine does the same thing. Haven't worried too much about it.

OK, not 86mph. Probably more like 15mph, lol, but it was a successful flight. I cut it down to about 45 seconds to upload to Youtube.

Last edited:
Looks great. I'm going to fly again this evening. From what I read if you keep your iPhone connected while flying with the DJI Fly app open it will eventually get it's position update and that message will go away. I'm not sure what limits that message is putting on the system. Also, if you have your phone connected and DJI Fly app open Trish can see what you're seeing in the goggles if she wants.

Didn't work. Still have the red banner message. Oh well.

Attachments

• DSCN8289.JPG
    DSCN8289.JPG
    160.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Latest resources

Back