• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
StarLink fair use policy.

https://starlink.com/
https://support.starlink.com/?topic=0889717a-e223-fb7d-f6b5-4369b306a22e#
WHAT IS STARLINK'S FAIR USE POLICY?
TO ENSURE OUR CUSTOMER BASE IS NOT NEGATIVELY IMPACTED BY A SMALL NUMBER OF USERS CONSUMING UNUSUALLY HIGH AMOUNTS OF DATA, THE STARLINK TEAM IS IMPLEMENTING A FAIR USE POLICY FOR RESIDENTIAL CUSTOMERS IN THE US AND CANADA AND ALL BUSINESS/MARITIME CUSTOMERS BEGINNING NO EARLIER THAN APRIL 2023.
UNDER THE FAIR USE POLICY, CUSTOMERS WILL BE PROVIDED WITH UNLIMITED DATA, AND WILL START EACH MONTH WITH PRIORITY ACCESS, WHICH MEANS THEIR DATA USAGE WILL BE PRIORITIZED DURING TIMES OF NETWORK CONGESTION.
IF A CUSTOMER EXCEEDS THE AMOUNT OF PRIORITY ACCESS OUTLINED IN THEIR SERVICE PLAN ON A MONTHLY BASIS, THEY WILL AUTOMATICALLY BE SWITCHED TO BASIC ACCESS. USERS WILL BE ABLE TO OPT-IN TO AUTOMATIC UPGRADES BACK TO PRIORITY ACCESS FROM THEIR ACCOUNT PAGE.
YOU CAN NOW START TO MONITOR YOUR DATA USAGE ON YOUR ACCOUNT PAGE AND IN THE STARLINK APP. FOR MORE DETAILS ON SERVICE PLAN, SEE STARLINK’S FAIR USE POLICY HERE.
RELATED QUESTIONS:
WHAT IS PRIORITY ACCESS?
WHAT IS BASIC ACCESS?
STARLINK © 2023
CAREERS|SATELLITE OPERATORS|PRIVACY & LEGAL
STARLINK IS A DIVISION OF SPACEX. VISIT US AT SPACEX.COM

Will submit my $0.02 worth on this topic. I live & work full time from my RV.
I've been using a Gen 2 Starlink for a few months. I have a residential plan with roaming activated. $135.00/mos. just like the RV plan.
All things considered for my situation; price per GB of data consumed, availability/reliability & performance for applications I use............. Starlink has been the best value, for me, since I went full time in December, 2019.
Yes, it does has its limitations.............. tell me what internet service doesn't.

Has anyone gone with the new fixed antenna yet? It is a significant cost adder, but not having to fuss with cables and antenna every set up/ break down would be nice as well.
Just by coincedence, I met a StarLink engineer who was in the parking lot at Mammoth Mountain in her van. I mounted my SL antenna on an extendable pole on the back and she was curious how it worked for me. Anyway, she told me that the fixed antenna didn't work nearly as well at getting a strong signal and recommended keeping the one I have. She also said they are working on a DC version of the router/antenna (yay!)

StarLink fair use policy.

Starlink
Help Center
WHAT IS STARLINK'S FAIR USE POLICY?
TO ENSURE OUR CUSTOMER BASE IS NOT NEGATIVELY IMPACTED BY A SMALL NUMBER OF USERS CONSUMING UNUSUALLY HIGH AMOUNTS OF DATA, THE STARLINK TEAM IS IMPLEMENTING A FAIR USE POLICY FOR RESIDENTIAL CUSTOMERS IN THE US AND CANADA AND ALL BUSINESS/MARITIME CUSTOMERS BEGINNING NO EARLIER THAN APRIL 2023.
UNDER THE FAIR USE POLICY, CUSTOMERS WILL BE PROVIDED WITH UNLIMITED DATA, AND WILL START EACH MONTH WITH PRIORITY ACCESS, WHICH MEANS THEIR DATA USAGE WILL BE PRIORITIZED DURING TIMES OF NETWORK CONGESTION.
IF A CUSTOMER EXCEEDS THE AMOUNT OF PRIORITY ACCESS OUTLINED IN THEIR SERVICE PLAN ON A MONTHLY BASIS, THEY WILL AUTOMATICALLY BE SWITCHED TO BASIC ACCESS. USERS WILL BE ABLE TO OPT-IN TO AUTOMATIC UPGRADES BACK TO PRIORITY ACCESS FROM THEIR ACCOUNT PAGE.
YOU CAN NOW START TO MONITOR YOUR DATA USAGE ON YOUR ACCOUNT PAGE AND IN THE STARLINK APP. FOR MORE DETAILS ON SERVICE PLAN, SEE STARLINK’S FAIR USE POLICY HERE.
RELATED QUESTIONS:
WHAT IS PRIORITY ACCESS?
WHAT IS BASIC ACCESS?
STARLINK © 2023
CAREERS|SATELLITE OPERATORS|PRIVACY & LEGAL
STARLINK IS A DIVISION OF SPACEX. VISIT US AT SPACEX.COM

Since Starlink can make this a little confusing with their plans - the above policy is NOT for the RV plan, but for the residential and commercial plans.

RV plan is always deprioritized, as a result it cannot be de-prioritized when exceeding the data cap.

As long as we have a full view of the sky, the RV plan has worked great for us - work and tv streaming use.

Latest resources

Back