• Friendliest RV community on the web

AmyB

RVF Regular
RV Make
Looking to purchase a used, small (35') Class A Diesel
Fulltimer
No
Hi everyone,
I originally posted back in January in the New Members forum that we were considering a Winnebago Forza 34T or Tiffin Allegro Red 33aa but after more research we have crossed the Forza off the list and added a Newmar Ventana LE. We prefer a king bed but don't like the Ventana LE 3426 or 2020 Kountry Star 3426 floor plans that come with kings due to the weird dining table & chairs set up. The 2019 LE 3709 seems to check all of our boxes except it's longer than what we were looking for and it also has a half bath that was never even on our list. We will be first time RV owners and originally thought we wanted to stay around 35' or under and the Allegro Red (35'2") is the only other coach we've found that we like in that range. Wondering if the 3709 (37'10") really feels that much longer and if about 2 & 1/2 feet is that big of a difference in driving/handling and finding camping spots/campgrounds with any kind of limit to length, etc. I have searched a lot of the forums on here and can't seem to find anything on the LE 3709 but since I'm more so looking for feedback on the size and floorplan, maybe someone with a Ventana 3709 or new Kountry Star 3709 has some input they can provide on whether it's worth it for us to go a bit bigger. Thanks!

Floor plan is everything. I wouldn't worry so much on the length and some people scare people to stay under 35 feet which has never been an issue in my 40 footer. You want to be comfortable and happy otherwise you'll end up buying another coach and spend much more. Get what you want this time and enjoy it.

Looks like the 3709 is a queen layout? Is that an issue?

Looks like the 3709 is a queen layout? Is that an issue?
The 2019 LE 3709 is definitely a king. And the 2019 used one we are considering does have one for sure. Thanks for checking though.

You’re right…my bad. Not sure what model I was looking at. :rolleyes:

I have a "3710" Newmar Canyon Star, same length, & bath & 1/2!
First, you'll love the 1 & 1/2 bath coach! "His" is 1/2, "Hers" is full bath!:cool:
Second, the nominal difference in length is not even noticeable when driving, & hardly noticeable when maneuvering. Very little difference getting into & out of RV parks & camp grounds.
The "3709" is a great floor plan!
Good Luck, whatever your decision!!

I have a "3710" Newmar Canyon Star, same length, & bath & 1/2!
First, you'll love the 1 & 1/2 bath coach! "His" is 1/2, "Hers" is full bath!:cool:
Second, the nominal difference in length is not even noticeable when driving, & hardly noticeable when maneuvering. Very little difference getting into & out of RV parks & camp grounds.
The "3709" is a great floor plan!
Good Luck, whatever your decision!!
Thanks for the input. Right now the the debate I'm having with my husband is that the coach isn't really that much longer than the Tiffin. He thinks shorter would be better but I've told him that most everything I've read from owners who have a coach under 38' is that it isn't a problem getting in and out of parks/campgrounds.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back