Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
This is the link to the support page with more specs:

The next layer of spec comparison:

One thing that isn't yet clear---will the new, in-motion dish have higher priority for service than does the current RV plan. One would hope that for $2500 you get a higher rank in the queue for data??

One thing that isn't yet clear---will the new, in-motion dish have higher priority for service than does the current RV plan. One would hope that for $2500 you get a higher rank in the queue for data??
That's a great question but my guess is no considering you pay the same for monthly service as the regular RV plan. Time will tell though.

I didn’t see anything about higher priority, only saw that higher speeds were possible and better uptime due to larger view of sky/satellites.

The main issue I have is the inability to (easily) reposition the antenna. So right now I use the old school round antenna. No real reason to upgrade since, besides things like size and weight, the technical specs are the same. What I like is that based on trees at the site I'm able to move my antenna to wherever I have the best unobstructed view. I'd really like the ability to switch out the antenna if needed so that I can use the roof one or, if needed, my portable one. Now that would really allow me to have the best of both world.

Hard NO for me and I'm disappointed Starlink is using resellers. One of the nice things with Tesla, Starlink, etc. is buying direct and avoiding markups. The price of this antenna is proof why we do not want this and how the horrendous markup is evident. Did I say NO for me?

Starlink is and will continue to evolve rapidly. As you know I dropped and shattered a corner on my dishy, it works, but not worried as newer and better will be available each year just like we see with Pepwave's, computers, etc.

Starlink has been great but it's a backup and only a backup for when my cellulars don't provide what I need and 99% of the time they do.

Hard NO for me and I'm disappointed Starlink is using resellers. One of the nice things with Tesla, Starlink, etc. is buying direct and avoiding markups. The price of this antenna is proof why we do not want this and how the horrendous markup is evident. Did I say NO for me?

Starlink is and will continue to evolve rapidly. As you know I dropped and shattered a corner on my dishy, it works, but not worried as newer and better will be available each year just like we see with Pepwave's, computers, etc.

Starlink has been great but it's a backup and only a backup for when my cellulars don't provide what I need and 99% of the time they do.
I agree with the reseller POV. It does seem though that they're selling it for the same price on their site which makes me wonder why this dish is exponentially more expensive.

I agree with the reseller POV. It does seem though that they're selling it for the same price on their site which makes me wonder why this dish is exponentially more expensive.
That's typical that they have to not compete against each other (MAP) etc.

An observation.......... After sales support for Starlink products seems to be less than stellar (based on what I've read). If you have issues you send an email & wait. I suspect, the resellers will now be responsible for installing and providing 1st level support for products sold through their marketing channels.
This appears to be the course of action a lot of manufacturers, including Peplink, are taking. Everyone's technical acumen is different when it comes to designing and setting up a local network (can be very simple to complex) on a boat or RV. Even with the Peplink resellers, the amount & quality of support on receives from the reseller varies significantly. Providing after the sales technical support for any product can be very time consuming which equates to expense.
With that said..... $2500.00 in equipment for in-motion Starlink satellite service seems to be an expensive equipment solution which will most likely (for the for seeable future) not perform as well as less expensive cellular equipment.
I give kudo's to those persons who are willing to adapt 'bleeding edge technology' as soon as it becomes available on the market.

@docj does Winegard have ability to make account changes? If so, I see a value in the reseller network.

Latest resources

Back